Chinese-Forums

Wikipedia Unblocked?

liuzhou

I just (accidentally) clicked on a wikipedia link, and to my surprise, just as I was about to hit stop, I noticed that it was going through. I am wiki unblocked.

Can anyone confirm from anywhere else?

Reaction to NK's bomb test?

Don't get too excited! Wiki was always available.Even when it was "blocked". In the sad case that they block it again and this is just an abberation, feel free to PM me. It is so easy!

thanks liuzhou ill pm you should the need arise! but im also happy that the average chinese person (without your technical means) now has a little more information to look at that isnt tailored specifically for them if you know what i mean.

I know the Jimmy Wales was planning on making a trip sometime around now (he may have already gone) to try and talk with leaders and China, and get them to allow people to access the site.

I didn't realize that NYTimes was unblocked- thats great! Anyone know if bbc news is still blocked?

Keith

So what is everyone's thoughts on the feasibility of China's attempts to censor internet content? They are doing a pretty darn good job now, with alot of people working around the clock to scan sites, etc. But with the number of people connected to the net growing as fast as it is (its going to pass U.S. later this year).. do you think they will be able to keep it up?

What will be the turning point?