Chinese-Forums

So what's your favorite song to sing in the karaoke room?

ABCinChina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

周杰倫 - 爸.我回來了

Despite my inability to stay in tune, this is the song I sing the best. I like the rapping part because it's in Hokkien and I understand it. My sister and I sang it in karaoke for the fun of it, when family members and friends came celebrating my parents' anniversary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Reading a couple of threads here about Karaoke favourites but wondering if anybody has some recent (last five years) songs or more to add that I could use. My next trip to Shanghai and Wuhan with a group of Chinese learners could include at least one night at a Karaoke bar or KTV. My last trip left me scratching my head and embarrassment after selecting the wrong song. With this in mind and after singing a Christmas song at an end of year dinner, and setting my 2014 goals to learn some songs, could somebody recommend any songs in mandarin I could practice and learn. My preferences are as follows:

*Popular or rock music.

* male vocal, within the last 5 years.

*not slow or too romantic

*suitable for beginner to intermediate

*maybe a cover of a familiar western song.

*Available on youtube or youku

Hopefully the song will lead to Raucous cheers, drink buying and women swooning, haha

Any help would be much appreciated.

All the songs I know I old (some of them started out as new songs and are by now 老歌), but apart from that, perhaps consider:

- 朋友 by 周华健, total classic. Don't open with this one, wait until everyone is getting drunk and sentimental.

- 对面的女孩 by Richie Ren

- My Anata by 陶喆 (that's Tao Zhe or David Tao), quirky song, quirky video, has some Japanese in it. I love this song.

- 好心分手, especially if there is a woman present who can sing Cantonese and can sing a duet with you.

- I believe by 范逸臣

- 牛仔很忙 by 周杰伦. Mind you this is not easy, mainly because it's very fast, but admiration will be yours if you manage it. Also it's funny, so it even works when singing KTV with foreigners who don't know any Chinese.

• Like 1

Thanks Lu,

I will look through your suggestions with interest. Obviously you believe im up for an all night sing along, starting quirky, followed by 'I believe' and a duet, closing with a classic rock tune. Also suggested is 萧敬腾-我怀念的, http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE2NTY4MzQ0.html, which is also very catchy. It looks like the Song of the Day thread, may also have some suitable songs for Karaoke.

Obviously you believe im up for an all night sing along, starting quirky, followed by 'I believe' and a duet, closing with a classic rock tune.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I would be sorely disappointed if you do anything less.

...That was a joke. You can just check out those songs and pick one or two you like, I thought I'd give you some options. Also I just really like ktv, and since it looks like I won't be singing any in the foreseeable future, the only way I can use my expertise is by answering questions such as yours :-p

• Like 1

I got a great reception from singing 刘德华's 笨小孩 the other night, despite forgetting some of the words, haha.

I think one of the easiest is 月亮代表我的心, partly because of its speed. It's also a classic song so it'll always go down well.

• Like 1