Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

I was under the MTCSOL program. Before I went to Beijing, I already have my HSK 6 and HSKK. As our program is a 2 year Master program, so we have to sit for the exam twice. End of first year, sitting for HSK6 and HSKK中级, and the end of second year, HSK6 and HSKK高级. Do not worry about the fees as we are under the scholarship, they will pay for us. I'm MTCSOL program from BFSU, not sure for other school.

• Like 1

Guys, as this thread will be closed soon, I would like to call your attention to a Facebook group where we have been discussing many things in the past few months. 
Feel free to join so we can continue to talk about other topics which may be not relevant in this forum. :) 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/766561486833139/?fref=ts

• Like 1

I don't think the scholarship covers HSK exam fees. My friend was studying on a local government scholarship (not CIS) last year and her HSK fees were not covered. I've been wondering the same thing - I've only got HSK3 now but am at/close to HSK4 level I think. I'm also wondering if I should try to sit HSK4 before I go to China.

I doubt we'll be able to avoid HSK fees altogether but I'd much prefer to try for HSK5 instead...

On 30/06/2017 at 11:59 AM, roddy said:

ADMIN NOTE

This is a fantastic topic, but it's getting too long to be useful - nobody can be expected to read all 2,500 posts since 2010, and we're probably still sending update notifications to people who left China years ago. It's time for the CIS scholarship discussions to shift to separate yearly topics, like the CSC topics. 

I'll set this topic to close automatically in two weeks. Hopefully in that time one or more of the regular posters can start a new topic or two - perhaps one for those who've already applied to start in 2017, and a new one for the next round of applicants?

Roddy

Reminder of the above - this is a few days away now. If necessary I can just start a new topic, but I'm not an applicant and have never been an applicant - it would be hugely appreciated by everyone if one of the regular posters could take a little time to write up some basic info - similar to what we have for the CSC Scholarships. @方茹婷 @Wicker West @Sharon_Too - anyone?

On 02/07/2017 at 0:44 PM, Wicker West said:

@Roddy Good idea - but what I suggest would an even greater idea, is to make a subcategory for Confucius Institute Scholarship related threads. There could be threads for those who already been to China, forr those who are applying and other topics. But that's just my proposition.

What I'll do is change the existing CSC sub-forum to be the CSC / CIS / Other scholarship forum.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 方茹婷 said:

Feel free to join so we can continue to talk about other topics which may be not relevant in this forum

Like what? The site covers a huge range of topics and anything that isn't covered you can start a topic about. And if you are relying on Facebook groups, make sure you have a good VPN set up or you'll lose access to all the info and contacts. 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2017 at 2:32 AM, 艾墨本 said:

After running in circles for the past three months, I have FINALLY been accepted and received the scholarship! 

I will be going to ECNU for a master's degree in TCSOL.

Congratulations! This would make you an excellent person to start the next CIS topic....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roddy said:

After running in circles for the past three months, I have FINALLY been accepted and received the scholarship! 

I will be going to ECNU for a master's degree in TCSOL.

I am willing and want to. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a big transition and won't have time to start the topic appropriately for at least a few weeks.

On the absence of anyone else stepping up, would you be able to make a quick first post now (perhaps asking what info people think should be in the first post) and then editing more in later? Even if you never come back to it we're no worse off than if I just put up a quick post myself. 

• Like 1

Ok, now we've got a new topic, I'm officially closing this one.  It will remain in place so future applicants can read as much of it as they want. If you want to link directly to a post in here, you can get a direct link from the share icon at the top right of every post.

Many thanks to all who've contributed over the years - the practical help and support people get with scholarship applications, and seeing successful applicants coming back the next year to help the new arrivals, is one of the highlights of this site. 

All discussion can continue 

Here