Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Yesterday I got post from China Ocean University in my private mail, with the form to apply for the visa and other informations. They sent it the 8th of June according to the receipt.

• Like 1

Hi :)

I've already asked, but no one replied, so I'm gonna do it once again:

Did anyone apply for 4 weeks scholarship?

If yes, do you know what are the terms of this program (do we have to pay for accommodation, do we get any allowance etc)?

I've already asked my CI, but unfortunately they are also not really sure how its gonna look this year.

Thanks in advance :)

Now the game is to know who is going to get the admission notice first (and the cheapest flight) :mrgreen: !

@pho Hahaha *insert game of thrones meme here*

My university is not answering e-mails so I can't buy the ticket. Is anyone else being totally ignored?

Mine is ignoring me too, I assume they will contact all students at the same time instead of one by one, so I'll just wait.

@pho

Not extending, but successfully re-applying. Yes we have had students like that before. However they did it before these rules:

4. 一学年研修生  资助期限为11个月。面向孔子学院(课堂)学员,海外本土汉语教师、中文专业学生、HSK考试成绩优秀者,不招收在华留学生。汉语水平不低于HSK三级180分、HSKK初级60分,或者不低于BCT(A)180分、BCT(口语)180分。
4. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK test. International students who are now studying in China are not eligible for the scholarship. Applicant should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicant should hold a minimum score of 180 in BCT (A) , and a minimum score of 180 BCT (Speaking).
5. 一学期研修生  资助期限为5个月。申请者无来华留学经历,汉语水平不低于HSK二级120分、HSKK初级40分,或者不低于BCT(A)100分、BCT(口语)120分。
5. Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 5 months. Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China, but have a minimum score of 120 in HSK Test (Level 2), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicant should have a minimum score of 100 in BCT (A), and a minimum score of 120 in BCT (Speaking).
6. 四周研修生  资助期限为四周,以研修汉语为主。面向孔子学院(课堂)学员、HSK/BCT优秀考生和《孔子学院》期刊读者俱乐部优秀会员。申请者须提交HSK或BCT成绩报告,无来华留学经历。
6. Scholarship for Four-Week Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 4-week study which is mainly focusing on Chinese language. Application is mainly open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, excellent performers in HSK test, and outstanding club members of Confucius Institute Magazine. Applicant should submit a HSK or BCT score report, and have no prior experience of studying in China.

Guys, I can't believe this! Literally one day after I complained to you, my uni replied. They say they'll be sending papers by the end of june, and ask my CI adress, so I guess they're sending it to CI not directly to applicants (I mean Zhejiang Uni is).

@zhongguoren

No I haven't, just today I got - 预录取, so right now I'm waiting for Hanban to confirm if I got the scholarship :)

So you also applied to 北京语言大学?how long have you been waiting for their e-mail? Did you apply for summer or winter term ?

• New Members

Hi :)
I've just wanted to ask you for advice.
I have that status for about 20 days already
申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取

Is it normal?Should I wait? Or should I contact Hanban?

@zhongguoren

Today Hanban confirmed my scholarship !:)

Im soooo happy and grateful!:))

Right now I have to wait for BLCU to contact me, how long did you wait?

Im going in winter, but still I would like to buy ticket, apply for visa etc asap :)

Btw you are leaving very soon, after you come back can you give me some tips ?:)

Madalina Gheorghita

Hi. I applied for a one year Confucius Institute scholarship in China, and my first option was Xi'an. I got pre-admitted after an online interview . Today I noticed on the website that HanBan sent me a message through which they informed me that I didn't receive the scholarship.What should I do? I need some information about a further re-application if possible. Is there a chance to get a scholarship?

@zhongguoren93 @dcase479 @Linanna We're going to the same uni, I've e-mailed BLCU asking for info and they've answered this: 

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are preparing the admission letter for all scholarship students at the moment, and the admission package will be sent to you at the beginning of next month.

The one year program starts at September 5, and you are expected to arrive in BLCU for register at the beginning of September.

thought you guys may wanna know :D