Chinese-Forums

Beijing Foreign Studies University

roddy

@sarahvbarlow

I dunno but I have this instinct that I'll be place into building 7.... but last time there was some scholar that been placed in guojiaolou, who knows I have some luck....i'll be there for 2years, hopefully everything will work well... thanks ya...

@quanhana 

I've emailed the Overseas Student Office (a couple of times already), but nobody answers me... It would be great to know something about the residence before landing... but I guess that we won't get any piece of information until we arrive there.

I also think that as a scholar we will be placed in the smallest shared dorms. Let's see what happen...Fingers crossed! :P

@tytzer at least building 6 is freshly renovated, that was being done in September when I arrived - they all seemed happy enough living there! Building 7 is away from all the other exchange students and is a building for IES abroad who are mostly american students and have their own study timetable etc.

I call the international office again... Sum1 pick up and he said I should just wait on the registration day. Nevermind, I wouldnt be so picky for the accomodation as i'm not paying for it. As long as I get an accomodation with a nice roomate, then it should be okay... :-)

@ Martacrguez I emailed both in Chinese and English, and they did reply and ask me to contact another person in charge. then I never get any reply until today, tats y I called them myself.... whatever they give is, we should just be grateful n dont be too choosy as we r not paying for it... we might bump into each other ya, see u there...

• Like 1

@quanhana

Ok! That's what I wanted to know! If there was something that needed to be done before arriving, such as filling in some kind of application form or if we just have to wait 'til registration day. Thanks for the info! And yeah, we'll probably meet there. See ya!

@Martacrguez, I just have my jw form n the offer letter. nothing else than that. when r u registering? i 'll be on

Sept 3. I dont think there is any form to be fill in right now. Mayb just wait until the registration day... :-)

• 1 month later...

I have a few questions. I'm applying for an MA in the translation school.

1. Did you have to find a Chinese person that lives in Beijing to be your guarantor? I have downloaded a form requiring such.
  2. I read that you can't use the CSC scholarship for any grad school majors. True?
  3. What should I include in my research plan that's required to apply?

Please answer anything you can. I feel as if everyone on here has applied differently from me.  :shock:

@Jamasian

I'll try to help you as much as I can. Me I'm right now at the BFSU, but studying a Chinese Language Course, so I'm not that sure how things works with Master's programmes. I came here with the CSC Scholarship.

Regarding your doubts, I don't have a guarantor, I just wrote that if something happens a family member should be informed. I didn't have troubles with that.

About the CSC Scholarship, as far as I know you can use it for any kind of study you want to make in China, but wait for someone else's answer, 'cause I'm not 100% sure. And as for your third question, I can't really help you that much, but I'd say that you must explain your objetives during the year, what do you expect to do once you finished here your studies, or something like that. But just wait for more answers.

• 4 weeks later...
hey guys i have to two questions and no matter what i searched for i couldnot get the answer
i am doing a-levels now but i kind of screwed up my AS and i did bad however i am re-sitting and i was just wondering if you take for example the hsk test what grades do the chinese university requires and will i be accepted even if i have low grades.I couldnot find the grade requirements on any website.
thanks alot x 

• 3 months later...

Hello guys, I wonder if anyone of you has studied masters in 北外? I am thinking of taking a 语言学及应用语言学 (Linguistics and Applied Linguistics) MA degree after I graduate from my university and I would like to know if their program is great. Thank you so much!

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone! I'm Miguel, from Spain. I'll be staring my exchange program at Beiwai this September 2015, but I'm having issues finding the academic calendar. Does anyone know if it has been released? If so, could someone tell me where to find it or upload it on here? Ty a lot!

Hi Miguel! You can try to contact the international students office and see if they have released the new academic calendar for the new academic year. They will usually provide it during registration, email you directly and/or via your university. Here's the email if you want: wsclxb@bfsu.edu.cn

Hello everyone,

I will also study at BFSU from September onwards.

I contacted the Overseas Office several times about accomodation and they told me to wait until I get my admission letter.

I got it just yesterday, immediatly filled out the form and sent it to them and got an automated mail back, that the Office is on vacation till August 25.

I really don't know what to do know. Does anyone know whereelse I could send it to?
Or is there no chance for me at all to get a room there anymore?