Chinese-Forums

Beijing Normal University

roddy

• New Members

Hi! Im going to BNU on a scholarship through Confusicius institute. As far as i can see i'm going to live in liyun apartotel #1. Does any of you know if both the shower and toilet is shared with the complete floor? Or with how many do you share toilet and shower? 

• 4 months later...

Lots of graduate programs here at BNU--if you are interested in something specific to Education, then BNU could be an adequate place to do a graduate degree program.

In particular the Comparative Education program may be worth checking out. From what I have gathered, there seems to be a lot of foreigners doing master's and doctorates in that program and they are from all over the world, primarily Africa, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe. Many of them are interested in researching aspects of education in their home countries and BNU is helping them get started with it.

Good luck with it.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

Has anyone studied as a more advanced learner at BNU or know of anyone that has? How was the education quality? I'm mostly wondering about that since there is already so much information about the living situation in this thread.

Thank you

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • New Members

It looking more and more likely that my year abroad is going to be cancelled. My teacher has told me that 北京师范大学 will offer online teaching if that happens.

Anybody had online classes with this university? any good?

• 1 month later...

Of course not good. Since Chinese Pod has its new plattform and vocabulary system with mobile application all these online programs of universities are totally useless cause they can't offer something better and cost way more. For online learning I just use Chinese Pod and maybe Pleco + Messenger apps. Universities are just good for onsite learning Chinese.

• 1 month later...

I studied at BNU for 2 years from 2008-2009 and really enjoyed it.  Personally, going to University is more than just what you learn in class.  This is especially so if you are learning a foreign language, as the immersion in the language and culture outside of class is perhaps the main reason you are doing it as opposed to sitting in class in your home country.  

I thoroughly recommend BNU but I'm not sure about the benefits if learning remotely online in another country.  Perhaps wait until you can actually come over and learn somewhere else locally in the interim period.