Chinese-Forums

The Song Identification Topic

Gymnosopher

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to zqx above, that's spot on! Not sure about the God of Cookery song...

And if anyone wants to compare the links below give the american and cantonese versions

http://www.xiami.com/song/1769083644

http://www.xiami.com/song/1770527233

Now that I'm looking at them both it seems quite a lot of people know the link - Matisyahu's version has been played 20k times on Xiami whilst the rest of his songs have only been played a few hundred times.

Thanks for everyone's help with this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

Recently I was in my favorite city - Beijing... And there on CCTV3 I saw a concert... One song really touched me. I don't know Chinese, but I'd like to hear this song in good quality and also I'd gladly download more songs by this singer.

Fortunately I've recorded the song with my camera. Here it is -

Please give any information you can about the song and the singer! Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

By the way, in september 2012 in was in Beijing, in a bar at houhai i saw a catchy rock/pop band with two singers (one male, one female).

Between each verse they made a kind of hip-hop / vogue dance.

If anyone could help me to identify them :D

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Sry to bother such a long-dead thread but this is one of the few threads I've found about chinese music and I'm really curious to find the name of some really incredible tracks.

If anyone knows the name of these tracks, especially the last one, please I beg of you to kindly share this information with me. First of I want to know this so I can listen to more beautiful music and because I want to try and play the piano parts from the second track myself.

Everyone, please help me find the song in this video !!!!!

There are two songs in that video. I know the second song (from 0:29 to 1:35) is the instrumental of the song 云荒·只如初见 by 仲天 , But what about the first song, the first melody that plays at the beginning of the video (actually it was played in the first 28 seconds of the video) ???

Please guys, I'm so hopeless now :cry: I asked many people but nobody knows, and I don't know how to search on the Internet because I don't know Chinese language, but I really love that song!!! Please help me....

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hi,

I've heard this tune over 10 years ago but never knew the name or the artist.  I believe I heard it as a background music for a movie or TV drama.  I've whistled the parts I remembered.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here's the parts that I remembered:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxaJWowm3rRPNUJsT1ZnOEM2Y28/edit?usp=sharing

thank you!

• 2 months later...

Sry to bother such a long-dead thread but this is one of the few threads I've found about chinese music and I'm really curious to find the name of some really incredible tracks.

If anyone knows the name of these tracks, especially the last one, please I beg of you to kindly share this information with me. First of I want to know this so I can listen to more beautiful music and because I want to try and play the piano parts from the second track myself.

hope you come back to see this message, I found the second track for you, but could not find the first one.

风居住的街道 by kiko Isomura (piano part) and 坂下正夫(erhu part)

they are Japanese and this track was only play as a bgm in this video.

Everyone, please help me find the song in this video !!!!!

There are two songs in that video. I know the second song (from 0:29 to 1:35) is the instrumental of the song 云荒·只如初见 by 仲天 , But what about the first song, the first melody that plays at the beginning of the video (actually it was played in the first 28 seconds of the video) ???

Please guys, I'm so hopeless now :cry: I asked many people but nobody knows, and I don't know how to search on the Internet because I don't know Chinese language, but I really love that song!!! Please help me....

Hi, i have found the song you are looking for, it was a really hard work as the track in that video is only a little part of that song, actually the start part.  I listened that song and I didn't like the singer's voice, but the begaining is really good.  whatever, here is the song:  冬天的阳光 by 一休 (from 0:24 to 0:53) 

http://www.kuwo.cn/yinyue/3583017/ this is a Chinese website,I can't find this song on YOUTUBE . 

hope you enjoy it

i know this song isn't by Chan Sisi but it has her MV in it. I believe this song is by Liu Ziling but what is this song call?

http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu

Hi,Chineseblog,   thank you for sharing such a beautiful video, I've never seen this before.  This song calls 珊瑚颂, was the theme song of  opera <红珊瑚> which produced in 1960s.   As it enjoyed great popularity, there are lots of cover version.  The version in the video.I think, is sang by 龚玥 (sound similar) It also sang by 刘紫玲,韩红,董文华,宋祖英 and 彭丽媛。 You can compare their version.