Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

Hi guys!

So I am applying for the EU window scholarship. Only found out yesterday that the deadline hadnt passed and that I could apply to the EU although Im from the UK. I am currently in China and I have to send my documents to Brussels (I hope chinese postal service is on my side). Just wanted to confirm the docs I need to submit:

study plan x2

2 references

application form x2

medical form x2

transcript x2

Admission notice x2

Is that all? Thanks

Very informative site, i wish i could have found it before i dispatch my application for CSC 2013. last month.

below are the process i have followed, which could be helpful in some ways.

• For CSC Application process i prepared a list of colleges according to collected information: University Details, Courses Available, Agency Number, CSC applicable of not. Most imp which concern me was send document to agency or embassy at the home country or directly to university.
  • the data i collected came to be very useful, on the ground of which i made detail study on selected universities and prepared a list of professor whom i would be communicating.
  • I made a choice of 3 university among them, accordingly i filled up the application form.
  • other documents i prepared were according to order.
    • Front page- i made a list of all the documents according to their order; the main intention was to make it clear and easily understood able. whomsoever review my document could trace according to front page.
    • CSC application form- with recent pic and signature
    • Passport copy- Notarized
    • Study Plan- Original
    • 2 recommendation letter from previous university- Notarized
    • 1 letter of recommendation from currently working orgn- Notarized
    • 1 Work Experience letter- Notarized
    • Academic Transcripts- Notarized
    • Training Certificate- Notarized
    • Physical Examination Form and Reports- Notarized
    • Police Report- Notarized

For Notarization as per my country rule, i went to a Notary Public.The authorized person will review your original document accordingly give u with Notarized copy. but they charge per notarization.

For Physical Examination Form and Reports, i went to Government Hospital, this is the best place i would recommend. after required test and its reports, i was directed to family department where doctor checked every report and filled up that form. i got a doctor signature and hospital seal on the form.

I Prepared a 3 set of document ( 1 Notarized and 2 Copy) for one university, accordingly i followed the same for other two universities and dispatch them to concern university address.

Waiting!!!

comment if any of the the above process i have followed are wrong 8)

I finally dropped off my application today at the embassy. The receptionist didn't know what to do however, so she left it on her colleague's desk (who was at a meeting at the time) with my contact information. Guess no one applied in Trinidad so far. I remain hopeful that they handle my stuff correctly, I would call tomorrow just to make sure.

Good luck to everyone else.

Hi Guys,

I have just been reading some posts and have seen some people saying that Tsinghua doesn't accept CSC applicants? I got my pre admission notice from them and I enclosed it in my application. So, if I am lucky enough to be awarded a scholarship, will Tsinghua reject it and insist I should pay?

Thanks

Very informative site, i wish i could have found it before i dispatch my application for CSC 2013. last month.

below are the process i have followed, which could be helpful in some ways.

• For CSC Application process i prepared a list of colleges according to collected information: University Details, Courses Available, Agency Number, CSC applicable of not. Most imp which concern me was send document to agency or embassy at the home country or directly to university.
  • the data i collected came to be very useful, on the ground of which i made detail study on selected universities and prepared a list of professor whom i would be communicating.
  • I made a choice of 3 university among them, accordingly i filled up the application form.
  • other documents i prepared were according to order.
    • Front page- i made a list of all the documents according to their order; the main intention was to make it clear and easily understood able. whomsoever review my document could trace according to front page.
    • CSC application form- with recent pic and signature
    • Passport copy- Notarized
    • Study Plan- Original
    • 2 recommendation letter from previous university- Notarized
    • 1 letter of recommendation from currently working orgn- Notarized
    • 1 Work Experience letter- Notarized
    • Academic Transcripts- Notarized
    • Training Certificate- Notarized
    • Physical Examination Form and Reports- Notarized
    • Police Report- Notarized

For Notarization as per my country rule, i went to a Notary Public.The authorized person will review your original document accordingly give u with Notarized copy. but they charge per notarization.

For Physical Examination Form and Reports, i went to Government Hospital, this is the best place i would recommend. after required test and its reports, i was directed to family department where doctor checked every report and filled up that form. i got a doctor signature and hospital seal on the form.

I Prepared a 3 set of document ( 1 Notarized and 2 Copy) for one university, accordingly i followed the same for other two universities and dispatch them to concern university address.

Waiting!!!

comment if any of the the above process i have followed are wrong 8)

Wow, that sounds like a very successful application. Congratulations!

You insinuated that you send your apps to the actual universities, but didn't really mention that. So, where did you send it: embassy or uni?

I also believe you're only supposed to send ONE "set" of applications to ONE university, as far as I'm aware of.

Hello all, here's my belated update for the CSC scholarship: I applied to the graduate program and hand-delivered my application to my nearest US consulate about 2 weeks before the deadline. Having kept in touching with the Vice-Consul for Education at the Consulate, the process went very smoothly and I had no problems as all of my materials, including the admissions letter, medical exam form and supporting medical documentation, and transcripts were included in my application. Interestingly enough, I only submitted one official sealed set of transcripts because the Vice-Consul had told me that photocopies of the additional set of transcripts would be sufficient. I thus delivered the two sets of application packages to the Vice-Consul and we had a short, pleasant chat and that was that. However, I must say that it was a bit uncouth of the receptionist at the consulate to ask me with surprise, "well, why do you want to get a Masters in China?" It's also a bit funny since even the Vice-Consul didn't know if I was eligible to receive a CSC scholarship given my choice of Masters program in China (the CSC website states that program is ineligible to accept CSC students but other similar programs, that are also taught in English, don't have this restriction!) and given my age...I was 34 at the time I submitted my application but 35 by the time I'll be starting my Masters program in China! Finally, as a student of both Korean and Chinese, I also applied to the Korean government scholarship program (as I've also applied to Korean universities this year). My application was selected for further review by my local Korean consulate, to which I'd applied, and then forwarded on to the Korean embassy and recommended for further review. By the end of April, I'll know if I was selected as a national candidate for the USA, but then my application would have to be forwarded to Seoul and reviewed once more by the authorities there before final selection. In contrast, the Chinese Vice-Consul had told me that my local consulate would be allocated 25 full scholarships (no half-scholarships are offered for applicants from this particular consulate) and that about 3-4 times as many applicants typically applied via the consulate. All the application materials would be mailed by the consulate directly to Beijing for selection. As complicated as the CSC scholarship application process appears, in my case, given the particular exigencies of my local consulate, it seemed really easy in comparison to the Korean scholarship program. Nonetheless, I received a full scholarship from a Korean university while the Korean school's partner school in China only offered a few thousand dollars of scholarship. I'm thus thinking of starting the dual degree program in Korea and finishing it in China rather than doing it the other way around, as is typically the case. Regardless, applying to foreign universities in China and Korea, as well as each respective nation's national government scholarship programs is a painstaking ordeal, especially since both government scholarship programs are plagued by conflicting information about deadlines, announcements, and procedures. Good luck to all!

• New Members

Hey guys

Got a problem here. Here's the explanation:

I am Polish and I sent my document to Brussels. It was a registered package. And here's the problem: the package was sent on 14th April and it was in Brussels on 18th. But when postman visited the EU Mission - there was no one to take the letter from him, so he left a message and took the package back to the post office. It was on Friday. Today we got Tuesday and the package still hasn't been picked up. I'd been getting worried about it, so today I phoned EU Mission and they said that they don't pick up packages from post offices!

What do I do now? I do not have more copies to send and the deadline is so close that there is no way I could re-send the whole thing.

Will the postman visit them again with my package or not? Here, in Poland, when message is left, one has to go to the post office and get the mail by himself.

I am worried that my application won't be even considered...

Is it my fail that I chose registered over normal letter? Here, in Poland, normal letters are not uncommon to disappear so I did not want to risk losing the package but it seems that I am lost now.

How did you send your application? Did you choose registered letters too?

kapsl0k, I would consider either going to Brussels to retrieve the package, or possibly seeking out a messenger/courier service there to retrieve the package for you and bring it to the EU Mission. You could also try calling the post office to see if it will be redelivered, and try to coordinate with the EU Mission. It sounds like the ball is in your court to somehow make sure that the package moves from the post office there to the Mission.

• New Members

Michael,

Done what you said - I called the Belgium Post and to my surprise - they said they can represent the package on Friday 26th! They said it's no problem. What a relief. It wouldn't be possible here in Poland so I was a bit sceptical but the guy on the phone just asked for the track number, adress and said it can be done.

Now I hope that they will take it from the postman. If they don't take it - well, shit happens.

Darn... didnt find out about this scholarship till today... seems like its too late I havent started on application and its due on 30th...

One question I do have that I couldnt find on there website.

Is there any schloarship I can apply for... thats for spring 2014? Even if its just fot 1 semester or more..?

Thanks

I guess the Embassy did the right things in the end, my application status online changed to: "The application form is currently checking" :). I know you can still be denied at any stage but I'm just glad that they got it to Beijing before the 30th.

Good luck folks.