Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

I have got a little problem here.I lost my physical examination form whose photocopies I sent to universitites while applying for scholarship and also gave one copy of it in our country's chinese so I am planning to make another one.Will it be okay?

Does anyone know how easy or difficult it is to delay the date for enrolling at the university for a week or 10 days? I notice that our scholarship is cancelled if we don't register at the university on time and without the university's permission. Are Chinese universities usually lenient in this respect or not? I have just discovered I have something very important on at the start of September!

I don't know if the results for Tianjin University have been posted, but here they are: http://www.ietju.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=256%3A2014-2015&catid=64%3A2013-07-01-08-35-49&Itemid=115〈=en

I got the scholarship last year, I studied a year of Chinese and am going to start my masters in September. Looking forward to meeting all the new students. 

Red Devil - Nope, it isn't going to be an issue as long as it is complete. If you don't want to do it in your country, you will be able to do the complete one in China when you arrive. It will cost close to RMB 500.

• Like 1

• New Members
salampuriabotanicals

Received the offer from CSC for YanShan University, documents are still on the way, I hope to receive them in next 2-3 days. But This was not the University I applied too. Is there any possibility to change the university.

@NJL - 

It really depends on your university. Maybe someone has more input, but I'm going to Yunnan University and I tried to do the same thing. I called the university, and they were really laid back about it. They told me I can register up, no questions asked, up until classes begin, which for me is September 1st (wouldn't help you much, I see). I think in general, though, universities are fairly accommodating, and if you have a true personal emergency they will allow you to arrive when you need to. 

Again, it depends on the university. You really need to call them, but of course it depends on how comfortable you are handling that situation in Chinese!

@ Kanjiology

I was awarded a CGS this year too! I will have one year preparatory college courses prior to my Bachelor's Studies starting next September! Therefore, I would be really grateful if you could answer some questions I have! :)

1) What kind of courses did you have during this year?

2) Did you take any HSK exam at the end of the year?

3) How difficult were the final examinations? Do we have to make any specific arrangements after finishing the preparatory year and before starting our main studies?

4) Do you also have to take the Annual Review?

I am really sorry for all these questions but you are the first person I know who completed these preparatory courses!! Thank you very much in advance for your reply and help!! :)

• New Members

Hi everyone,

I'm really happy to finally find a forum with abundance information on Chinese government scholarship. Thanks to everyone that contributed his own quota.

I received my admission notice no monday but I wasn't enroll in any of my three choice universities. I'm admitted in Southwest Jioatong University for a PhD programme in InfoSec taught in English. Please anyone in the forum going to same uni let's get in touch. Also does anyone have an idea about their accommodation and the social life in chengdu?

Song Hu - I did the prep language course too when I did my Bachelors in China years ago. This past year I was in the same school with some CSC students (this was at another university) and their language prep classes were set up in the same manner. The first year is the intensive language course where you will have half day classes.  So you'll be free in the afternoon. The classes are: spoken Chinese, listening, grammar, writing comprehension. Some schools will include some culture as well. Don't worry about the final exams, your teachers will make sure they prepare it to the level of the class to ensure that you all pass. This is not important. You will have to participate in the annual review, but don't worry about that. You will have to write (preferably in Mandarin) your strengths, challenges, your experience, etc.

You will have to take the HSK exams if your school requires you to. It will not cost you anything. If your course requires a specific HSK level and you do not pass it, beware: you might have to repeat the language year!

Your main aim for the language year is to learn the language as well as you can. The harder you work for your prep year, the easier it will be for the years to come.

Throughout your university years in China, remember one thing: the most important thing to do is to attend your classes! As long as you attend your classes, the teachers will make sure you pass your subjects.

• Like 3

@shuoshuo Do they say that HSK is covered in the scholarship or just they let you know that we don't have to pay prior to the exam? And how many hours are there per week? Because it seems they differ per school. (e.g. I've heard one could take 30 classes per week in BLCU in the prep. course.)

@ Shuoshuo

Thank you sooooooo much for all this information, shuoshuo!!!! :D :D  You have been a great help for me!!

I am really eager and enthousiastic about studying and living in China, so I feel I will be willing to study as much as I can and learn the language as good as possible!! However, I want to do so many things in China, to travel, see places, meet people etc that I feel I won't have enough time for all these!!! I am also so enthousiastic right now, that I don't think I can make a program of how to organize my life and studies in China!! hahahaha :P 

Did you feel the same way too back when you first went to China? :)