Chinese-Forums

GYM and places to run safely in and near of Zhejiang University?

JorgeChau

Im planning to go next year to zhejiang university to study mandarin, but also I'd like to run and do some excersise in my free time, so I'd like to know if there are GYMs near of the  international students dormitorys and what are their cost aprox by week or month. Also wanna know about parks or places to run.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I studied at Yuquan campus for a year. There is a running track in the centre of the campus as well as a gym SOMEWHERE nearby the International Dorms - I never found it, but some Chinese students told me it existed. There are a few other gyms within walking distance 5-10mins next to the campus. Sorry I don't know prices but I thought it was maybe 200 Yuan a month - Could be completely wrong. Anyway it shouldn't be too expensive. I think the gym ON campus is a lot cheaper.

The campus and gyms also have pools to use (campus pool is outdoors, so not used in Winter)

Also behind the library is a small mountain named 老和山 (LaoHeShan). I went up and down that every day and thought it was great exercise.
Parks are pretty limited, although there is a Botanical Garden behind (south gate) the university which is pretty large and would be a nice place to run.

Be aware of pollution though, not the best idea to exercise outside if it's high smog levels.

You can always run or bike around the West Lake. But it's a bit of a walk from the campus (20mins)

• Helpful 1