Chinese-Forums

Starting a new life

JudithO

@

eliaso

The most important thing to me is that I do not want to be cut-off from the rest of the world, and I will go for the one month expressvpn and see how it works. As for the cloth thingy...well, if china are producing most of the goods in america (clothe included), and shoe size 13, 14 or 15 are common among the AMericans, then, china must surely be producing those big sizes, but I guess I have to locate them. As for the girls, well, there are 700M females in china alone, how bad can I perform??? Are you in Harbin?

All the other foreigners living in the university dormitory will be using a vpn. I'm sure you'll be able to find one that works at least decently.

For clothes - actually many people in China nowadays buy everything online. After you arrive, make friends with other foreigners in the dormitory and someone will be able to show you how to shop online in China. Most popular online market to buy things is called Taobao. Delivery is usually very fast. China has quite an impressive logistic network. Anything you can imagine you can buy online, from food to medicine to clothes, and it will be delivered to your door or place of choice. So don't worry about the clothes, if nothing else then you can find them online.

As for the girls, don't forget those several thousand foreign students in Harbin, either. HIT alone nowdays has around 2000 foreign students at a time. Yes, I live in Harbin.