Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@Zhangkairong  I appreciate the input.. but I called the embassy HERE (D.C. Embassy in USA) and they won't accept anything but a full and complete medical form.  She said if I don't have it all I won't be considered as the application isn't complete so don't do it too soon.  I asked if the form is signed and completed in March is that ok, she said March is fine.  I'm starting now as it might take a month to get everything as my schedule is crazy and I need evening appointments XD.

@People asking about transcripts.  I was told by the embassy to include it.  I would just include EVERYTHING.  It's not hard to get and it's better to have eveything done "better" than necessary than not good enough.  If you went to university getting an official transcript is easy.  I have 3 lol.  I was told I can send the sealed envelop and that will be sufficient since it's sealed still so it's official.

I think in general, the required materials are not hard to get for the scholarship, just some require some foreplanning as they might take time or something.  For people who need to get notarized copies in the USA, you can go to AAA, a bank, an auto notary, etc and they can make notarized photo copies on the cheap for things like diplomas or if you only have an unoffical transcript.

I think, when in doubt, call the embassy or university that you're applying to like someone else said.

Although, NEW QUESTION!!

I tried logging into the CSC application bit and I couldn't remember my password. I tried resetting and it won't send a new one.  I tried making a new login account with a different email and it says "username taken" even if I put something crazy unique like dongliansg1229.  Embassy told me that it's not "open" yet but I logged in last year (as a test to see the form).

Anyone else having problems or what not?   The form gets printed anyway, not digitally sent so I'm like I just want to have it so I can fill it out.

@ shuoshuo Friend, thank you very much.

I have been afraid if it is still full scholarship including RMB 25000 of the tuition fee. But according to Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarship the difference between full and partial scholarship is that partial scholarship covers one or some items of scholarship, not the percentage of item/s. As long as I have all that is included in the full scholarship+RMB 25000 of the tuition fee, it won`t be problem to pay extra RMB 5000 per academic year.

Friends, according to Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarship, it doesn`t cover:-registration fee, -basic learning materials. 

@inte I completely agree with you. 'A great study plan written in English is better than a crappy study plan written in Chinese.' :clap There is said to write Study Plan in Chinese or English. I have noticed that some universities require for application for programs in Chinese to write Study Plan in Chinese. My conclusion is that if there isn`t a requirement from the university you are applying for to write Study Plan in Chinese, you are allowed to write Study Plan in English even though you apply for program in Chinese.

I have written my Study Plan in English. I asked my friend, an international student, Ph. D. candidate in Beijing in the same field of study as mine to review my Study Plan for master studies.

DongLian

Well, maybe the educational relations department in the States consist of much more rule-abiding Chinese :) Thank god here in Europe they are less stressed out, since the FPEF is the most 麻烦 part of the whole process, since you can be ripped off several times.

Anyway, March can be OK and can be not OK, it depends on when your semester starts, and when you have to go to the medical center in China (usually early or mid September - which is OK, but if it's late September, then they will make you redo the whole medical check-up, which can amount to 800 RMB [depending on the city]).

Xiaowei M

I also wrote my study plan in English back in time. However, I guess no one read it :(

Back in 2013, I wrote my study plan in English even though I was applying for a master's degree program taught in Chinese and was accepted: full scholarship, the top university out of the three I chose (this was the 国别 CSC scholarship where they ask you to choose three universities). I thought writing it in Chinese would be cheating, so I chose to be honest and did not lose anything in the process. 

• Like 1

In Canada, each province is allotted a number of these scholarships. Each province will have a different procedure for you to get your application in. Here (Memorial University) we have sent over a dozen students to China on this scholarship. When the students return, I ask them to update a file about how to apply, how to handle the online application,when to get your medical done, and so on. I would be happy to send this file on to anyone who wants it, though much of it applies only here. I don't know what the procedure is to do this, but if the forum allows, I'd be happy to send the file on to anyone who would find it useful.

• Like 1

Overral the process for those who apply through the DC Embassy in USA, is pretty straightfoward.  Get documents and send them and always air on the side of caution.  I finally got into, filled out, and printed my application form and there's a checklist at the end. I think if you follow that to a T and send full medical exam, then it's probably as good as it can be.

And while I hope I don't have to redo the medical exam, it's not so expensive that it's worth risking not getting the scholarship at all. I should be good until September but of course it's close.  Actually it's not going to cost me too much here, I might even do the exam again in July if the embassy says that's cool too. 

people, im still confused about the amount of scholarship. I am applying for Master deerge in Law, and the tutition fee in my University is 100,000 RMB, so full cholarship will cover only 25,000 RMB and I should pay the rest 75,000 RMB??? Please, help meto figure this out!!!

@ aleksandrovna

Hi, dear, that`s what I am talking about. I am applying for master and the tuition fee is RMB 30,000. If the full scholarship covers 25,000 of the tuition fee, I should pay the rest 5,000? That`s how I understood the regulation.

No, problem I will pay extra 5,000 per year. But does it change anything in the application process? I think it is still the full scholarship, but it covers the tuition to the certain amount. 

@ Xiaowei M

yes, that sounds strange. all my friends who are studying on this type of scholarship do not pay anything. 

and you have to pay in this case only 5000 RMB, but i should pay 75,000, I can not afford that

I wrote to my university - i will post here thier answer

It sounds like you're applying for a course taught in English - these are much more expensive than the normal Chinese-taught classes, and are designed to attract foreign students. If you did a year or two of Chinese study then did a law degree in Chinese it'd probably be much cheaper. 

@aleksandrovna, that's the total amount for two years of study, not one. LL.M. degrees are expensive anyway. 

I will ask tomorrow if your scholarship will cover the tuition. The office is will be closed from February 5 to March 5. 

@ Angelina

oh, thank you so much for your help! you cant even imagine how i appreciate this!

yes. that for 2 years, still it is 75,000 RMB for a year, and this is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

as I understood you are at Zhejiang University, which major??

Many of these English-taught courses are new and expensive. In the past usually CSC students would do language study or a Chinese-taught degree. Fees would be closer to 20,000Y a year than 100,000Y. If the scholarship was going to pay for the full cost of your course, it'd mean three or four other students not getting scholarships. 

Edit: Ah, it's two years. Still more expensive than the regular courses.

Hey peoples :)  I was reading through the updated scholarship outline and noticed this part:

8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months);

The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.

Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.

Pleases keep the original copy of the Form for school registration.

Does this just mean a photograph is put on the photo spot?  I'm worried that it might mean something more, otherwise, why not just say, "and a photograph" rather than "sealed photograph"?