Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Guys when do we get stipend? My registration date is 12th of September and I have changed my ticket to 10th of September and I have heard that we get some payback for first time which is 4000 RMB this time and regular CSC stipend which is 3000 RMB so total 7K RMB. Is that true? And, When do we get it?

Have any of the people who were admitted under the EU Window received their application packages already from the Chinese Embassy in Brussels? I want to know when I can fly out to China and my university isn't responding either, I guess they're on holiday or something. 

I just received an email from the Chinese embassy in Ottawa (Canada) and I have the scholarship. The documents are only on there way to Canada now so I won't get them until next week, but I can finally stop worrying.

The embassy of my country today (yesterday) published the names of the candidates who were accepted for the scholarship, I almost cried when I saw my name on the list !  :P

Sadly, the admission papers won't be here until the first week of August.

Good luck to those who still don't know the results !

Finally the wait is over! I have longed for this day-- filling up this form is a very symbolic moment indeed! 

1) What is your native country? PHILIPPINES!  8) 
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy here in the Philippines, although I directly submitted my application package to our Ministry of Education (MOE) 
3) When did you apply? April 15, I went to our MOE to personally hand them my application package 
4) When was the deadline? April 15 
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No 
6) What program did you apply for? One year language program; 
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? a 1.) Tianjin Normal University, 2.) Dalian University of Technology, 3.) Chang'an University
8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? 6081
10) Where did you get your physical done? At a local clinic here in Manila 
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes, in a humble law office here in Manila :)
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? YES! OMG!!!
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No. (Although I kept close contact with my first choice, and they informed me via email [May 19] that they've already forwarded my admission package to the CSC)
14) How were you notified? Glad you asked. I have been calling our embassy non-stop today, July 24-- primarily because it's the last day of the week (Friday), and I can't go on another week suffering from the anxiety of not having any idea on the status of my application, and because the one in charge of CSC here in the Philippines was apparently on leave and no one knows when she'll be back. And right after lunch (12nn), someone picked up and it was the person in charge! And she notified me right then and there that I was granted the scholarship, and I can pick up the admission package as soon as I can. I immediately rushed to the nearest taxi bay, and off I go! 
15) When were you accepted/rejected? 

In my admission notice from TJNU, it was indicated that I got accepted to the university on May 19, 2015. This was the same date when they emailed me asking a scanned copy of my passport, as they will include this in the admission package that they were preparing during that time. 

But for the granting of the CSC Scholarship, I have no idea. The next positive response would come today, July 24 where the embassy informed me that the admission package is already with them. 

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tianjin Normal University, One Year Language Program  8) 
17) Laihua status? checking

For those who applied through the embassy (bilateral program), I highly suggest that you maintain close contact with whoever is in charge with your application package in the embassy. There's a high chance that it's only going to be one person, and I think they do understand how this means so much hence they wouldn't mind you pestering them (in fact, the embassy girl was really happy for me when I got the application package from her, she was really nice and the embassy according to her is even planning to invite us over to like a dinner for the whole delegation with the ambassador before we leave for China  :D

At this point, the contacting the CSC would only give you information if the packages have been sent already to your respective dispatching authorities. Your universities would likely instruct you to contact CSC or your embassy as well. Valuable info regarding your application is with the embassy now. 

Good luck to everyone! Last stretch for the whole group, I hope to see more positive results from this thread. 

:)  :)  :)

@lambilyforever Congratulations. I'm currently in Borneo, travelling as I got a call this afternoon about the scholarship results. Thank God I activated my roaming before leaving Beijing last week. I used my chinese phone number coz I don't have a number there. I'm certain that I'm going home to the Philippines instead of going back to the US. Really glad that I applied in Chinese Embassy Manila. Again, congratulations. Hope to see you in China. 

1) What is your native country? Turkey

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Turkey, although I directly submitted my application package to our Ministry of Education (MOE) 

3) When did you apply? April 01, I went to our MOE to personally hand them my application package 

4) When was the deadline? April 01 

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No 

6) What program did you apply for? Bachelors degree

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? a 1.) Fudan University, 2.) SJTU, 3.) Shanghai University

8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Number of the Turkish Embassy in Beijing

10) Where did you get your physical done? In a University Hospital

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No. Just notified with e-mail.

14) How were you notified? With e-mail.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted, July 24

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Nanjing Normal University, One Year Preparatory Program + Shanghai University, International Economics and Trade

17) Laihua status? IT DOES NOT MATTER

• New Members

Hello everyone!

@lambilyforever Thanks for sharing with us your experience!

You gave me the courage to call my Mexican Embassy once more (they never answer the phone) until they finally answered me the phone! And good news! I'm suppoused to be "on the list", but they told me to wait until next week for a "formal" email from them. So niceee!!   I'm so happy!

@Kjasin87 Yep, same.. but hoping we find out early next week. My school's registration date is Aug 29th.. and I leave for Canada the 15th to fly out from Toronto.. Way cheaper than Philadelphia. I need my passport for Canada!! lol, that's the only part that's stressing me out.