Chinese-Forums

Taipei Bookstores

dtails

Your best bet for new textbooks will be Lucky Bookstore (和平東路1段182-3號2樓), which is the university bookstore for Shida. You might find used textbooks at Mollies, 雅舍, Whose Books (胡思二手書店), etc. Check out this map for more.

• Like 1

I remember having a great experience at Page One, but for the life of me I can't remember if it was the Hong Kong or Taipei store. Either way, they have at least one in both cities, it's well worth checking out. The one I was at was massive, with an extensive range of almost any type of book you might be after, in both English and Chinese. (Including books about learning Chinese of course.)

Oh yeah, I forgot about Page One! It's inside Taipei 101. Their selection is pretty good, and there are definitely tons of books in English too. Another one to check out, just because it's an awesome book store, is the 誠品 Eslite near 101.

• 2 weeks later...

I will check out some of these places tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions for supplementary textbooks or readers for the PAVC book 4 level? I am also working on Taiwan Today but I want to find something that is good reading practice and not super heavy with new Vocab. Any recommendations?

• 3 months later...

Bump.

Is there anywhere I can get the DeFrancis Chinese Readers - or something very similar - in Taiwan?

I'm looking for something to brush up on my rusting reading and writing skills for academic purposes.

Any suggestions appreciated! 

I got all the readers for $2 each at a library book sale! (it almost felt like theft....)

Anyway, I was going to suggest that you look at Abebooks. Maybe there are some reasonably priced second hand copies floating around.

• 1 year later...

good idea, lechuan

I live in Taichung and the selection is very poor so I want to look in Taipei. Thanks!

Looks like there are 誠品 bookstores in 台中 too

http://www.eslitecorp.com/Site/Site_List.aspx?a=TW&l=b&sc=TW&sa=M

Have you tried there? They might not have what their 信義 store (3F) has to offer.