Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship 2016 for a current enrolled student?

scylab

• New Members

Greetings, I'm new on this forum and I've read very interesting topics, my question is...

I will start the Master degree self-supported on September 2015 in Beijing, it's possible to apply for the CSC Scholarship in 2016 if I already started the studies? in order to cover the following two years tuition

Hopefully someone a little more qualified will be able to help you here but since there are no replies thus far I will add my two penneth. 

My understanding is that it is much harder to obtain funding when already on the course itself. I obtained a scholarship starting from scratch when I was out in China (it was an EU window one) but in terms of a course that has already begun, I think you would need to look at other possible scholarships (e.g. the university itself). 

Hopefully someone will be able to add more detail. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm also curious about this in the future. I'm going to study for 1 year on a CI scholarship next year (fairly confident I will be awarded it) and then for another two semesters (ie. one year) on an international exchange with a university diploma I'm doing. After that I will look at applying to study for another 2 years to get a Bachelor's in Chinese at a university that has this system and I'm wondering if I could get a CSC scholarship to cover those two years of tuition. Even one year or one semester tuition coverage would be great.

• New Members

The good news is that I was able to apply for CSC Scholarship from my country and they would be able to cover the remaining two years of tuition, accommodation and living allowance for the master :) It isn't impossible, it is necessary to persevere and be in touch with the Chinese Embassy of your country and check the requirements.

CSC Scholarships should cover the remaining time in the University as you fill in the application. Nevertheless, there is also other options like city or province scholarships (e.g. Beijing and Shanghai) and University scholarships. Some are partial and other covers all the expenses.