Chinese-Forums

Dentist emergency!

dimitris

Hello everybody!!i am new here and this my first post!!!i am a seafarer and to came to guangzhou some days before, i cant read all topics to find what i am looking for because i am using my mobile data from homeplace mobile programm and i dont have a lot of MBs.i will appreciate it if you answer my question here if you know. The problem is that i am suffering of a toothache 3 days now and i will have time to go to the dentist after 5 days. If anyone can suggest me a very good dentist, good and clean, i dont care about the money i just want my problem to get solved because i am going to have a 40 days voyage in open sea without a dentist on board. I will appreciate if you inform me about adresses,names,prices if possible and opinions from personnal expirience.i cant make a good search onlibe because my connection is very slow and i dont have a lot of MBs. Sorry if the post is repeated. Thanks in advance!! ( iam in a lot of pain plus i have to work :( )

I'm not in Guangzhou and don't have any experience with these clinics, but a google search for 'international dentist guangzhou' gives me:

- Dr Lu International Dental Clinic, Rm. 603-604, Metro Plaza, Tianhe Bei Road, tel. +86-(0)20-8755 3380

- United Family Guangzhou Clinic, 1F Annex, PICC Building, 301 Guangzhou Ave, Yuexiu District (和睦家广州诊所广东省广州市越秀区广州大道中301号), tel +86-(0)20-4008-919191

I searched for international clinics/hospitals because doctors/dentists there usually speak good English and care is usually very good. Such places are usually also expensive, though.

I hope this helps a bit and I hope they can help with your toothache!

I had a really bad toothache that lasted me for 5 days till I did something about it in Xi'an. I went to the pharmacy and got some pills that dissolve next to the tooth that's the problem. After a few days of using it 1-2 it went away. I will take s picture of the box later on tonight when I get home. It worked great till I got back to the U.S. to get it taken care of

Forget about the internet and ask at your hotel. See if someone from there can accompany you the first time. Don't be fussy; take whatever little clinic that is offered.

If you've had a toothache for 3 days already, it's nuts to wait until day 5. Go right now, ASAP. You should have gone on day 1. By now, you may well have a peri-apical abscess.

This is why so many sailors are missing lots of teeth. Nothing to do except yank 'em out by the time they finally report for consultation.

Helpful Hint: It's no longer the 19th Century. Wake up. Being a seafarer is not a satisfactory excuse for backwards, self-damaging health behavior. Do you want to spend your later years gumming porridge?

--------------------------

Footnote: Yes, this is a bit harsh. I'm hoping it will serve as a "wake-up call." No intention to offend, but I do hope to spur you towards a proper course of action.

I am not offended!!i know the risks, i am visiting my dentist at least twice a year, but now i am on the vessel not a hotel and its not possible to visit a dentist right now.....also i wanted an opinion from someone who lives here and knows something because i dont trust the people here i am only money for them and they dont care, thats why i asked here, just to takes some opinions......thank you for your replies anyway!!!!i will try to found and international clinic.