Chinese-Forums

Blogs about Kunming?

haofei

Hi there, I tried to find blogs about life in Kunming to prepare myself for my semester there, but found very few. If you write any blog on Kunming or read some, I would be very happy if you could share it here  :lol:

You can also simply type "Kunming blogs" into Google search to find a couple dozen others. Some look to be travel blogs, probably less relevant to your needs. But others seem to be about living here, working here, etc.

• Like 1

thank you, though not really helpful  :wall

I tried Google, obviously, and after browsing 10 pages of results I gave up. I went on GoKunming and the website is lacking solid, accessible information about life in general. I'll try to help gather some useful information when I get to Kunming and post it somewhere, for future students/expats going there.

I'll try to help gather some useful information when I get to Kunming and post it somewhere, for future students/expats going there.

That would be a good idea. I posted some things like that here, but it was several years ago. (Apartment hunting, cost of living, how to get around and so on.) I still live here, but my "newcomer information" is out of date and I no longer live an expat type of life.

• 1 month later...

I'll be moving to Kunming next week to study Chibese at KUST and have started a blog of sorts @ https://medium.com/@KunmingAndGowan/select-a-chinese-language-school-b3d50f00a227

I only have one poorly worded post so far, but I plan on keeping it updated once I move to town and am actually on the ground there. It will contain the usual noob issues I'm bound to run into.

• 8 months later...

To anyone looking for a Kunming blog abbcdefg's topics are pretty bloglike & give a good flavour of the place (I spent 6m there).

For practical questions the gokunming forum & classifieds are a goldmine. Plus you can ask (sarcasm & flaming seem somewhat common, but there are still a lot of helpful people).