Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

I just called to the mofcom embassy here in my country and they told me some universities has already informed the selected candidates but most of universities didn't informed them yet and they will call and email me as soon as the got admission notice.

@EU Window awardees: I have emailed Mr Chen Gong to know whether they have already posted the documents and he said "not yet, I will do it soon". I'd give them a shout if I were you. Should they be busy with huge load of work or not, it's not our business. Procrastinators need to be pushed  :)

@Razumihin If you refer to my message, the EU Window has already released the list of successful applicants, that's why they have no reason to postpone the documents postage. Especially because some universities have their registration day in late august, others in early September (mine is on the 1st). Btw, generally speaking I agree with you, that's the way bureaucracies work....

Please assist with my doubt house, For those that have gotten the admission, I really want to known the criteria for the CSC admission, I mean the result criterion for masters admission. Is it pegged on First class, Second class or a particular CGPA. Then I want to also know if anyone has gotten his or her admission from Dalian University of Technology. Please help asap.

So I emailed the lady at the US embassy to see if she could at least tell me which uni i got in at and I got this a as a response

I have an unofficial results which say you have been accepted by Shanghai International Studies University for one year Chinese Language study from sep. 2016 to Jul. 2017. 

Just for your information. I will send you the official result when CSC gives it to me.

Have a nice day.

So looks like I'll be in Shanghai! Was hoping for Beijing but oh well...

• Like 1

@TyO

Was that Chen Li whom you emailed?

Was SISU one of your top three on your application?

Hmm, the plot thickens.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@TyO 

I know how you feel lol. I was not placed in any of my three choices so I'm a bit disappointed (hopefully you were). Especially because they first sent me an email saying that I was admitted to Tsinghua, then a few hours later they sent another saying had made a mistake.  :roll:

I was placed in China Foreign Affairs University, so I'm trying to decide if I should still go.

• Like 1

@Chris Two Times

Have you checked Tsinghua's online application portal lately? I checked mine a few days ago after forgetting about it for a month and saw that my application status was "Admitted (Valid only when all required paper documents are submitted.)" and my paper documents status was "Received".

I know it's not official but surely it is a good sign! I encourage other Tsinghua applicants to check the portal as well to see whether or not their status has changed.

• Like 1

Cantabile and TyO, you have inspired me to send a quick email to Chen Li at the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC. I politely inquired if my situation is favorable, and if so, when could I expect to receive papers?

I'll share with you all if I receive a response.

I checked the Chinese Embassy's webpage, but it was a little weird. Some pages couldn't be opened. I was looking for a phone number to call, but I couldn't find it. Haha, maybe the website is purposely wonky, because they don't want all of us calling them now.

Fingers crossed. I do have personal reasons for remaining in Beijing and if I get the scholarship but for a school outside of Beijing, then I may have to do some hard and fast thinking about it.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Just through emails with the consulate. I was on a list sent by the Los Angeles consulate and it said that I was going to Tsinghua. A few hours later I received an email from the consulate saying that they had made a mistake on that list and that I was going to another university. 

I wouldn't mind so much if they had straight up told be I was not going to one of my three choices. 

• Like 1

@hannafit

Yeah, for me it has always been pretty quick and easy to just get the visa at the Chinese Consulate in New York. Like I said, for me in the past, I've shown up first thing Monday morning with my paperwork and come back first thing Thursday morning of the same week to pick up the visa. The process has been pretty hassle-free.

I am based in Beijing now, but I am back in Ohio for the summer visiting friends and family and recharging my batteries. Scholarship or not, I plan to fly back to Beijing around Saturday, September 3rd.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@Cantabile

That's what I thought, hence, your inspiration to me to do the same. I quickly penned an email to the Chinese Embassy in DC where I applied.

I'm really hoping to get this nailed down this week (receiving news and papers), so I can apply for the visa first thing next week. Patience, patience.

Woah, this thread is 100 pages long/strong now!

Chris Two Times

1) What is your native country? U.S.A

2) Where did you apply? My home university who submited my application to the consulate.

3) When did you apply? May 30th.

4) When was the deadline? April 1st.

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? master's in international relations.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Tsinghua, Peking, Renmin.

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Nope!

9) What agency number did you use? 

10) Where did you get your physical done? My doctor

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Only got my diploma notarized at a UPS store!

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes.

13) How were you notified? email by consulate.

14) When were you accepted/rejected? July 22

15) What school and program were you accepted to? China Foreign Affairs University.  :wall 

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? U.S.A

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in DC

3) When did you apply? March 26th

4) When was the deadline? April 1st.

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Beijing Normal, Shanghai International Studies University, Sun Yat-Sen University.

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use?8001

10) Where did you get your physical done? China

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Notary friend

13) How were you notified? email by consulate.

14) When were you accepted/rejected? July 25

15) What school and program were you accepted to? SISU :

1) What is your native country? USA

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in DC

3) When did you apply? Beginning of February

4) When was the deadline? April 1st

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? SCUT

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 8001

10) Where did you get your physical done? China - I submitted the one I had done in September

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I didn't.

13) How were you notified? Email by embassy.

14) When were you accepted/rejected? July 22

15) What school and program were you accepted to? SCUT

I was put on the "wait list" by the embassy since first time people who take the scholarship are given priority. I was never given the option to obtain a preadmission from the university, my status changed later than others, and I've received the notification email later than the rest.

I've contacted the embassy directly once I've discovered others getting the email asking for preadmission. I was told that I will be put on the wait list. I've contacted the university directly through email to see if they received notification from CSC and got a reply they were preparing my documents to send. After I received the notification email I asked what I got and was told exactly where, when, and how long I'll be studying. The moral of this paragraph is: if you want something then you have to be persistent and contact people.

• Like 2