Chinese-Forums

Mandarin schools in Guangzhou

shandiche

• New Members

Hi, 

I'll go to Guangzhou this weekend and I want to choose a Mandarin school to study more than 3 month. I'm a beginner.

I only checked a few school's websites. Mandarin House, New concept Mandarin and iMandarin. Do you have any idea about those schools? Which school is better for learning 1-on-1 or group class? Or other better school?

THX!

• Like 1

I have had some colleagues who have taken lessons at New Concept Mandarin with 1-on-1 classes and small group (2 - 4 people). They've been happy with the classes and the curriculum, though for the most part I don't know that they've put much time in it to go beyond survival Chinese. 

One of my colleagues was taking classes with them 2 times a week during the school year (August - June) for about 3 hours total and he managed to develop good elementary level Chinese over the course of the 3 years he was in China. He would also spend about 2 hours a week in self-study based on the materials he'd go over. There are some things he learned that I haven't picked up in my rather haphazard study approach to Chinese and I've been studying off and on for about 7 years.

I'm not familiar with the other two schools, so I can't compare. 

Good luck.

Eion

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • New Members

Hello,

have u completed your class. 

I am now looking for a place to study mandarin in China.

hope you can share some tips. 

I am looking for an intensive class

4 hours a day

so, 20 hours a week for 3 months

we have 6 students together from Malaysia