Chinese-Forums

Taiwan Universities Scholarships

Tiri

Hi guys.

This year I missed an opportunity to get ROC Governemnt Scholarship. I'm looking for scholarships offered by universities directly, since I am no longer eligible to get a government scholarship. So far I've only found NTU scholarships, which, after reducing the tuition and housing, leaves ca 6000TWD monthly (I'm not sure if that's enough to get by, since Government Scholarships leave you with 20000TWD/month).

Do you have any experience with scholarships offered by Universities in Taiwan? I'm looking for MA degree scholarship.

No experience myself but I think the idea is that you are able to cover the remainder of the costs yourself. The scholarship looks good on your resume and saves you money, possibly being the difference in undertaking the degree being feasible or not. The government scholarships I've heard are quite competitive in Taiwan, I'd say the university scholarships are too.

Depends a lot on your spending habits. Taiwan can either be really cheap or as expensive as any other developed country. I lived about 40 minutes away from downtown Taipei, commuted by scooter/train/MRT and ate mostly groceries. That only cost me about 4000-5000 NTD a month. Eating out and taking cabs will easily cost you 1000 a day. A 'night out' on the town in Taipei can easily run over 3000. 

• Like 1