Chinese-Forums

My families ask me to ship some GZ local food

misscat22

• New Members

A few weeks ago, I posted some local food on facebook, they are really delicious, I forgot the name, they need someone to cook, my Chinese friends take me to a restuarant where offer "morning tea". SO~ it is imposible to ship, it need to be finished after cook~~~But my friends told me there are other kinds of "dimsum" can be ship, what does it mean, I didn't ask for more, but I wonder where and what can I buy for my families, and the food must be very delicious and won't easy to go soggy or stale.

...my Chinese friends take me to a restuarant where offer "morning tea"

That's a fine Cantonese tradition, 早茶。I love it and never miss a chance to discover new Dim Sum restaurants when I'm in that part of China, including Hong Kong.

But these treats don't keep well and definitely don't ship well. Need to enjoy them when they are fresh and content yourself with only sharing photos and stories. Make your friends and family jealous!

• New Members

You don't say where you are or where you are shipping to, but it doesn't really matter because I doubt very much if it is legal to ship food without the proper paperwork etc.

I'm living in Guangzhou now, and I want to buy some local food, snack and ship to USA. I doubt  that point as well... :(

• New Members

That's a fine Cantonese tradition, 早茶。I love it and never miss a chance to discover new Dim Sum restaurants when I'm in that part of China, including Hong Kong.

But these treats don't keep well and definitely don't ship well. Need to enjoy them when they are fresh and content yourself with only sharing photos and stories. Make your friends and family jealous!

yes, Cantonese tradition food, really good for me. I've never tried those before, really special...maybe I need to learn how cook and teach my families...I still want to bring some for them.... :(

• New Members

Not the sort of hot fresh dimsum you get served at your table, but most big Guangzhou dimsum restaurants have a shop on the ground floor selling various packaged snacks, often in gift boxes.

Here's some of what Panxi sells, for example:

http://www.gzpanxi.com.cn/cn/gifts.php

thank you, it seems a good choice, i need to ask my chinese friends for reading :lol: