Chinese-Forums

Music opportunities for russian music duo. Need advice.

SweetPoison

• New Members

Hi everybody!

My name is Dima, i'm from Russia.

Me and my friend Yana is going to travel around China. I take with me my alto sax, flute, tin whistle and couple of harmonica. Yana is singer and play ukulele. Also we have portable amplifier, which play for us voiceless musical arrangements. 

Question is: it's ok, if we start to play some music on the street in China? We start from Urumqi and then Xi'an, then (unexpected cities on the way to Guǎngzhōu) and Guanhzhou :) because we'll use hitchhiking. Also we are glad to play in some kind of restraunt or else. If your community have some kind of information, which will be useful for use, we'll be very pleased.

Thank you!

Kunming has an active live music scene and is a place where itinerant musicians often play a few night in one or another of the expat restaurants/bars. I cannot give you specific details, but you might get some ideas from this Kunming forum: http://www.gokunming.com/en/.

You could also post an inquiry there.