Chinese-Forums

Recommend iOS app for playing MP3

Flickserve

I have a redundant iPhone 4s and I would like to know if it can be turned into something more useful.

At the present, I am building up a Chinese sentence database as examples of vocabulary in context.

The database is essentially Anki. I type the word I want to learn in the search function and it looks for sentences with that particular word. I pick some sentences with that word - essentially, those sentences in which I already know otherwise 80% of the sentence.

I then look up those sentences from my original folders and copy the relevant sentences into my iPhone.

Requirements:

a) an MP3 player that is not iTunes as I want to keep the sound files away from any music.

b) the MP3 can play sentences as a playlist or randomly.

e.g. an album might contain sentences with many sentences of five to ten new words. This can also be set in a loop

c) It is able to introduce pauses in between playing each MP3 so I time to try mimic the sentence.

[Note, this is an experiment on trying to improve listening skills. Ideally, I would have a short story that a) contains 80% of words that I know and b) repeatedly says the words that I am trying to learn. But there are no stories that adapt to me.]

Would anybody have some recommendations on MP3 players apps?