Chinese-Forums

Travelling on Z visa

kelake

I've been sitting around my apartment for close to 18 days now while  my company goes through the process of getting me onboard (why they wanted me to come just before the holiday I don't know) and I'm getting stir crazy. Thought I might fly to Shanghai for a couple days.

I entered China with my Z visa, am in procession of my passport, but my company has yet to apply for the residence permit. Can I fly within China during this period? I assume any hotel that accepts foreigners will register me for a temporary residence permit. Any problems I should be aware of when I return?

I entered China with my Z visa, am in procession of my passport, but my company has yet to apply for the residence permit. Can I fly within China during this period? I assume any hotel that accepts foreigners will register me for a temporary residence permit. Any problems I should be aware of when I return?

Since you have a valid China visa, shouldn't be any problem traveling within China, either as regards flying or staying in a hotel. The hotel will take care of the required procedures; you won't need to even discuss this with them. They register you via computer automatically as you check in.

You indicated you are living in an apartment. Have you registered with the local police? That's important to do, preferably within your first 24 hours. (Just a reminder.)

What city do you live in? There may be someplace nearby that would be easier than Shanghai for a few days of getting away.

No need to reply further to the original poster. He's in jail, being held on suspicion of traveling with inappropriate documents. The authorities are in the process of extracting a full confession.