Chinese-Forums

About to enter into a relationship but we have a huge age gap of 18 years, would that be a problem?

Kenny同志

Or you can have a Chinese competition here. Who can write the best Chinese gets the phone  :P I am sure this will motivate learners. Especially women who want to have a new phone they have earned themselves instead of depending on men manipulating men. Plus it will keep you busy. Win-win. Maybe Pleco can offer free dictionaries  :P

I think you have mentioned that you care a lot about good Chinese and when you write you know how to express yourself well. Maybe you can evaluate the Chinese of language learners. 

謝謝大家.

I won't take back the gifts, nor will I take her money. In fact, 我送出去的東西,絕不收回. 

I also want her to keep the phone so that she has something that reminds her I was once in her life.

I have decided not to delete her details not only because I don't have the heart to do so but also that I promised her that I would never delete or block her. I cannot go back on my words.

大家如此耐心勸我,我很感動,但我已經決定了。祝我好運吧。

Who knows, you can meet someone in Beijing. 

It is a good idea to let her keep the things you have already given her, she might try to haggle again, avoid haggling. Not sure about not blocking her. You have hope that she will call you first, can you try to channel that hope into hoping that you will meet someone else instead? 

You have basically projected certain qualities and hopes that were just not there. The things you think you will miss were not there in the first place. Have hope, don't worry!

but also that I promised her that I would never delete or block her. I cannot go back on my words.

Kenny, remember when I talked about manipulation?  This is a classic example, right here.

一個人沒心情去。

I'm sure you could find a handful of forum goers to meet up with also.

Promises made during a loving relationship are no longer valid once the relationship has ended. You can tell someone 'I will love you forever' and absolutely mean it, but if ten years later the relationship goes sour and you divorce, that's just life, it happens. Extracting such a promise doesn't even have to be manipulation, it can just be pillow talk (even when not actually taking place in bed). But since it's all still very fresh in your heart, it's understandable that you don't want to break your promise yet at this moment. (Just don't contact her, but I think you understood that already.)

Take good care, I hope you feel better soon.

"have decided not to delete her details not only because I don't have the heart to do so but also that I promised her that I would never delete or block her. I cannot go back on my words."

I am a bit of a stickler for things like this.

However in this situation I think you are clear. If it helps you have my permission as someone who is a bit anal on issues of honour to delete and block her.

• 1 month later...