Chinese-Forums

Monglian Embassy in China phone numbers

LinZhenPu

Just thought I'd throw this up there. This information is elsewhere on the Internet, but it can be a bit hard to find so extra fodder for the search engines can only be a good thing in this case.
These are the contact phone numbers for the Mongolian Embassy in China.
I'm not sure which is which, I'll try to dig up the information again and edit this post later.
It's worth noting that on Tuesday I tried several times to call the embassy, but all of the lines were busy. I got through to one to a guy who appeared unable to communicate in either English or Chinese. So, today I contacted the Mongolian embassy in Australia and got through to a helpful chap who said he will write an email to the embassy in China to ask them what the visa application procedures are and how to make a payment and get back to me via email.

With tighter Chinese visa application requirements now in Hong Kong, Mongolia seems like the next best place to do Chinese tourist visa runs to as apparently the Chinese embassy there allows pretty much anyone in the country to apply for a tourist visa to China. If you are a holder of a passport of one of the visa-exempt countries such as the USA, Japan and Serbia, it's even more convenient as you can simply hop on a plane to Ulaanbaatar, get some Mongolian tögrög and go straight to the Chinese embassy to lodge your visa application.

Edit: I called the third number and spoke to a guy who speaks Chinese. He gave me the web address of the embassy's website. I couldn't uncover this website using Yahoo search because I used the wrong search term. Note to self: Be careful with search terms! Search for mongolian embassy in china rather than mongolia embassy in china.
Anyway, this is their website: http://www.beijing.mfa.gov.mn/index.php and I also found a step by step guide on how to get a Mongolian embassy in Beijing: http://www.nomadasaurus.com/getting-a-mongolian-visa-in-beijing-china/

• Like 1

it's even more convenient as you can simply hop on a plane to Ulaanbaatar, get some Mongolian tögrög and go straight to the Chinese embassy to lodge your visa application.
I've heard of people doing a visa run by bus, to just over the border, although I assume that's for a different type of visa where you just need to in-and-out every so often. Apparently it's the cheapest visa run, from Beijing at least.