Chinese-Forums

Fuchsia Dunlop in this week's Sinica Podcast

Luxi

The delights of cooking Chinese food: A conversation with chef and author Fuchsia Dunlop

Legendary Chinese chef and author Fuchsia Dunlop joins the Sinica Podcast this week to talk about her culinary career and her latest book, "Land of Fish and Rice."

Our strong advice: Don't listen to this podcast if you're too far away from your next good Chinese meal!

-------------------------

I'm sure it'll be worth listening to, but I'm going to have something to eat (a boring sandwich probably) before I do.

• Like 2

Not really related to Fuchsia, but today I saw that Wagas is hiring and for a very brief moment thought about applying because I just love their food. Probably going to be a regular customer though. Love the place.

What part of China is Fuchsia from? Somewhere near the sea?

What part of China is Fuchsia from? Somewhere near the sea?

She trained in Sichuan (Chengdu) and therefore knows a lot about that cuisine as well as that of neighboring Hunan. Her initial fame and reputation were built on dishes from those regions.

"Land of Fish and Rice," however, deals mainly with the food of Jiangnan 江南 (Lower Yangzte River area,) including Shanghai. In this more recent (2016) book she is branching out and exploring another major style of Chinese cooking.

• Like 1