Chinese-Forums

Tianjin Universities?

Loriquero

Hey there.

I'm from Colombia, I wanna study chinese in september, for a year, I want to know if any of you have knowledge about universities in this province... tuition, education quality, I'd rather to study in a public university, with own dormitories, so an estimation about costs will be well received :P....

Thanks for your help!

I spent a summer studying Chinese at Tianjing University of Technology (TUT). I really liked it there and it seemed that the other international students that had been there all year had a good experience too. The teachers were good and the class sizes were small. The dorms were really nice I thought. Everyone got their own large room with air conditioning. TUT isn't as famous as some of the other universitys in Tianjin but it is also about half the price of the other larger schools which makes it very affordable. There was a variety of international students there too. I met Koreans, Japanese, Canadians, and guys from Costa Rica, Nepal, and Camaroon. I think its worth considering.

• 2 years later...

Whenever I see this, I automatically assume you are talking about TUST, (Tianjin University of Science and Technology), not TUT. TUT is all right, but I would stay away from TUST. I spent a summer there and it seemed like they just didn't care about anything, (because there weren't a lot of students there at the time). The night I arrived, they hadn't told anyone I was coming, and by the time I got there, all the gates were locked. I had to climb over a 5 foot high fence with my 25 kg suitcase and make my way to the dormitories. They hadn't told anyone there I was coming, either, and I had to wake an ayi at 2:30 in the morning to let me in to a place. Once I actually got into classes, they stuck me with a teacher who refused to teach anything except Binyu, Duanyu, and so on. While grammar is important, I was only supposed to be there for the summer, and spending it all learning grammar rules instead of any practical speaking, listening, or writing skills was a big waste of my time. Then again, that was 3 years ago, so maybe things have gotten a bit better there. A lot can change in a few years time here.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...