Chinese-Forums

Nankai University / Tianjin / & Concerns

9thExtreme

I have always been planning to live in China, as I love the chinese martial arts, and their culture. Right now I am in my first year in a Canadian college, majoring in Asian Studies (emphasis on Mandarin), but I am just not enjoying my studies very much. Lately I have been wondering why I am putting off going to china until after I graduate, and looking into studying in China. I would really like to live in Tianjin (I have heard good things, but more importantly I want to study under a martial artist there), but am finding chinese university sites difficult to navigate. I need to know how to enroll, being a foreign student, the ins and outs of the visa situation, degree options, work load etc. I am looking at Nankai Uni in particular, if anyone could help out here I would really appreciate it.

Also, if I wanted to teach english later, how would Chinese employers treat a foreigner with a degree from a chinese university; is it better to have a degree from Canada? And is it as easy to get into Chinese unis as I have heard, or should I be concerned about getting really good grades at my current college.

thanks alot

Ok, stupid questions I agree. I shouldve looked around more. I'll rephrase this.

Whats the best way to study mandarin in Tianjin? what institutions can provide me with a visa, and what kind of degree could I get? I just want to get over there. Please tell me how!!

• 2 years later...

this post was made a few years ago, but again, if some one needs some information, im studing at tianjin university for one year, this augost moving to harbin to finish my carrier (right now just one year for the leanguage:lol:, anyways if anyone has a question let me know, well figure out something :wink: