Chinese-Forums

I have the characters... need help with caoshu

Antonio

Hello everyone,

So I've been talking to a chinese friend who helped me to get the characters for a tattoo... now I want to get those characters in cao shu.

The style I'm looking for is this type:

screenshot20091203at100.png

The phrases I need in cao shu are:

Poem of the sea star 海星之歌

Reborn 重生

Honey 甜蜜

I need them in that vertical form as the photo... if anyone can guide me on where to get it on that script would be great.

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

Do not use that or I will send the calligraphy police to kill you.

(Not really, but...)

草書 has many rules. The way that a given character can be written may depend on the previous and next character. The best way to get something written correctly in 草書 is to ask someone write write it. You might want to try asking here (Yes, it's called 中國楷書網, but they know their stuff.).

Thanks for your comments...

I tried to get help from that chinese forum but seems like google translator is not working properly.

Do you know anyone who can help me get that phrase right in Cao Shu? I'm willing to pay for the work... but I need it to be very top quality as it will be a tattoo.

Thanks guys

Well, let me tell you want might happen. Most likely you'll find someone who doesn't write very well or someone who is just a complete fraud. Even if someone here insists that they know what they're doing, it is still likely that they don't. What are you going to do if you can't tell yourself? Sorry to be so pessimistic, but the state of calligraphy right now is more than 90% mediocre, 9% fraud, and 1% people who actually know what they're doing.

But since you asked, I recommend 田蘊章 (Tian Yunzhang). He's a calligraphy professor at Nankai University. It would be difficult to find someone better in this era, although he isn't nearly as good as old dead people like Wang Xizhi, but at least he knows how to write caoshu correctly (and that's something most people who practice calligraphy never achieve). I don't think he speaks English.