Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Hm... But did you submit the application form online? Because I never did, even though I registered (or else I wouldn't have a username, application number and password). I only submited the paper form and I think that's the problem.

Oh, okay...

Well, my prof told me to just register for an account on cis.chinese.cn. When I log into the hanban website, I see my application partially filled in. You cannot even submit the application over the internet anyway, as the only option after filling it is the option to print out a copy and send it through your school's Confucius Institute. That is all I did, and the Confucius Institute at my home school and the school I am applying to attend did not say anything else was needed.

I wouldn't worry about not being able to check the status of your application. The deadline for applicants to be informed of whether or not they were awarded the scholarship is supposed to be today, but that part has not exactly been seamless either.

I have hope that within a few weeks, you and I both will have posted our good news. :)

Hi All,

I've applied for the Confucius Institute Scholarship and logged in via http://ci.chinese.cn/BasicSystem/Confucius/ScholarshipSelect.aspx to track the application. Would be useful if Hanban gave out this website, but anyway...

It's got all my personal data there, and I can read almost all of it, except the most important part. In the box below "状态", it reads "录取通过". My dictionary/translation engine seems to think this is good news. I hate to be a helpless beginner, but does anyone know how I should translate this?

Thanks, and good luck to all.

Hi everyone,

I also applied for this scholarship through the CI at my university and this forum has been very helpful. Its good to know I'm not the only one in the dark about how most of this stuff is supposed to work.

I've also managed to sign on and see most of my information on http://ci.chinese.cn/BasicSystem/Confucius/ScholarshipSelect.aspx. Mine also says 录取通过 under the 状态 (Status) category. I'm not sure if this means they accepted my application for consideration or if it means they've actually accepted me. As far as I know, 录取 means to enroll or recruit so I have my fingers crossed!

Best luck to the rest of you all too, can't wait to hear back!!! :)

oh and this picture here is the second half of the little chart on the news of enrollment screen.post-37568-127536789685_thumb.png

Ok so if you will click on this>>> 孔子学院奖学金录取结果查询系统使用说明 below the chart with all your personal information, it will explain what the chart means! It says that 录取通过 means you recieved the scholarship for the university listed. It also explains that 录取未通过 means you didn't get it and there are a couple other "still pending" options too.

Hope this helps! EEEK! So excited!

Best of luck everyone!!!! :D

Hi All,

I've applied for the Confucius Institute Scholarship and logged in via http://ci.chinese.cn/BasicSystem/Confucius/ScholarshipSelect.aspx to track the application. Would be useful if Hanban gave out this website, but anyway...

It's got all my personal data there, and I can read almost all of it, except the most important part. In the box below "状态", it reads "录取通过". My dictionary/translation engine seems to think this is good news. I hate to be a helpless beginner, but does anyone know how I should translate this?

Thanks, and good luck to all.

Congradulation Paavo83, that means you got the scholarship, according to these file, http://202.152.177.241/Attachment/ConfuciusFile/200978104621.rtf

can you tell me what university did you apply for?

Natra, I sure hope you're right, but to tell you the truth, I'm not hopeful.

Also, if I can recall correctly, we had 3 options after fiiling the form online: save; print and submit...

The fact that other people can check the status of their application and I can't certainly does not bode well for me...

Well, congratulations for those who got the scholarship.

You people who were able to check the status of you application; did you submit the application form online? I'm sure you did. That's the only explanation I have.

masoud:

I applied (and seems like I’m going to) Nanjing University.

Carroceiro:

I did submit mine both online and in hard copy. Just because you didn’t submit the form online mightn’t necessarily mean you aren’t being considered. It may be that there is just no online tracking option. No point being defeatist just yet....

What if it writes 院校已提交信息 ? According to the explanations it means I got the scholarship, but what is the difference between 院校已提交信息

and 录取通过 ? Should I do something?

I have a favor to ask of those who already know they got they scholarship.

When you actually get the paper with the school's admission notice (入学通知书), if you haven't already, please let me know.

I still haven't heard back from the Embassy, so if I know that people already got their admission notices and I don't have any news regarding my application, then it's pretty much settled that I didn't get the scholarship.

Since I have a trip planned in case I don't get the scholarship, my life right now is kind of in a stand-by and this sucks.

I was talking with a teacher in the international office at the school I am applying to attend in China, and was told that the 正式通知 usually come in June...

I am not worried yet, and will post here again once I learn more.

Seems I am going to Tianjin University in fall, as I also had that 录取通过 displayed in the 状态 section.

Congratulations to all who received the scholarship. For me personally, the application process was quite tortuous. If I didn't have a bit of 关系 at the right places, I wouldn't be able to submit my application form at all...

For all of those who received the "录取通过" online, congrats!

Regarding the "official responses" from the hanban, I am currently enrolled and studying at a University here in China. They too have not yet received the official approval paperwork. So for those of you who are still waiting from around the world and haven't received anything, be patient. The office here is estimating that they will receive the paperwork sometime next week.

Now since I directly applied through a Chinese University I do not know if this means hanban will first send the paperwork to every chinese unveristy and THEN to your confucius institute that you applied to, or whether instead of sending the paperwork to the chinese university they will instead send it to the conf inst you applied at.

After 3 or 4 mails, the folks at Hanban finally replied.

Here's what they have to say regarding my problem (read my previous posts if you don't know what the problem is):

"Only candidates apply successfully on the website and sent the paper material to the accepting universities have chance to get the scholarship".

So I guess that's it. No scholarship for me this year due to them having a malfunctioning website... I sure am happy... <_<

Well, time to start arranging my trip. As for the scholarship, there will always be next year.

Good luck to the rest of you.

I just got off the phone with Sichuan University's International Office. I have been awarded the scholarship for my MA, and will apparently receive my letter of invitation in the mail sometime soon. I asked them why I could not log in to check the status of my application, and the teacher did not seem that concerned, saying that it was a minor issue.

Carroceiro, I think that you should try calling the office in charge of CI scholarships at the school you have applied to attend in China. Don't lose hope! I think this thread has confused more people than it has helped.

Whoa! Is that so?! Then perhaps not all is lost! At least, not yet.

Congratulations for the scholarship!

I have applied to 2 universities, as I assume everyone here did, because that's what we had to fill in the form

The first was Peking University and the second Beijing Language and Culture University. I actually already e-mailed them. The person at the Admission Office for International Students of BLCU quickly replied, but said they had no application whatsoever from me.

I'm still waiting for an answer from PKU, but it seems unlikely that they accepted me as a student as we're talking about China's #1 university. I always expected them not to accept me, but rather BLCU (besides, I have already studied at BLCU 2 years ago, with very good results).

Here's the thing. Just today my teacher told me that another couple of students of hers, who applied for BLCU, got the scholarship, but not to BLCU, but to some university in Hubei (because they chose to accept other suggestions from the CI, just as I did). So, who knows? Maybe some university in some province in China has my application...

I really should get on the phone with the Office of International Relations of PKU. It never really crossed my mind to phone them, as that'd be very expensive (not to mention the time difference).

Tell me something, Natra. Did you speak to them in english? Because I sure as hell can't explain my problem in chinese (hence why I'd like to go and study chinese in China for a year. Well, that and because I know I'd have a great time).

Also, what kind of information did they request to check for you? Just your name?

Be sure to tell me when you get the invitation in your mail, OK?

I just got another email saying that my letter of invitation would arrive by the end of the June.

When I applied, I only did it for Sichuan University. And yes, I spoke with them in Chinese. In my experience, the response to English written letters is slow if there is any response at all. When I emailed them and then talked on the phone, I provided my name in English and Chinese, as well as my Hanban login info.

Also, you can talk to them through Skype. It shouldn't be more than a few dollars.

• 2 weeks later...