Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Hello and congratulations to those who got their scholarship.

It is now two weeks I am stuck with the same status "Audit institutions receiving"
(Comment: recommend second choice colleges admission)
Receiving institutions: East China Normal University

Does any of you applied to East China Normal University (I applied for a semester scholarship)? Have you got a change of status and how long did it take?

@zhongguoren93 congrats man, me too have that status, maybe all you can do is just wait for the JW202 and admission notice to be sent to ur CI or home address. please let us know by the time you receive that form.

• Like 1

Hello everybody! I have written here some time ago, thanks for your response! You were right with the missing signatures :) However, I got 已确认 last Monday, it's already eight days without being accepted or being refused by the first choice university. I know it takes long but can I assume that such a long time means that finally I will be accepted? I mean, if they wanted to refuse my application they would have done this long time ago... Thanks for you sugestions, wish you luck

@Mel12345

Every university has different ways of processing the application, my CI told me that while some universities deal with you application immediately, others wait until certain day of the week every week, or every other week. Mine took 12 days to get 已确认 and right now it's been 7 days since 预录取 and I'm waiting for the next and final confirmation. Be patient, 8 days of waiting is nothing to worry about.

@Anatoliy my pleasure! Glad to help!

Remember guys, the whole thing --- from the time your CI forwards your application to Hanban until the final decision -- takes 45 working days. It can really take a long time!

@Crisgee. Does it mean also 45 days to switch to the pre-admission status?  It is so hard to see other status changing fast and yours is still stuck with "Audit institutions receiving" :(.

If I am rejected I would prefer to know it soon so at least I can contact again my first choice as they don't seem to have seen my application at all (and can't right now because only one institution can see your application at a time).

@Crisgee.

I have a question about changing informaton in my applicaton. I submited it at 19th of May and my status still "推荐机构择优确认中", but I want to change my first choise university. Is it possible to change information after submission untill my status "推荐机构择优确认中"? Thank you for your professional help on this forum. :roll:

• New Members

Hello   :D 

I've applied for the one-semester scholarship starting March 2017 on Sunday, my institute approved it on Monday and today (Wednesday) I'm already " 预录取" at my first choice. Should I crack open a <less than 20 €> bottle of wine and celebrate? Or bad things can happen from this point on too? Do I have to do something in particular now? ( I'm thinking some other forms to fill in or something like that) 

Thank you and good luck to everyone 

@pho

No. The 45 days is for the whole process. Pre-admission is not yet then end point. Using this site as reference (Section 4 number 4), it means from the time the CI submits your application to Hanban until Hanban announces its decision to give you the scholarship or not. In short, from "已确认" to "授予奖学金 " (or maybe rejection) should be within 45 days. If there is any consolation for you, I had a couple of applicants last year (sisters actually) who were rejected by their first and second choices after 20 days of waiting, then were fortunate enough to be pre-admitted by another university of Hanban's choosing after 10 days, and were finally awarded the scholarship after 7 days. That took 37 days!

@illia.kryhin

You can. But first, you have to contact your CI and request them to reject submission to allow you to make the change. When that is done, you do the necessary changes and submit again. 

Hi everyone, got a little question which hopefully someone here will be able to help me with.

I’ve applied to the Confucius Institute scholarship as well as the CSC scholarship for a one year Chinese language course at 北京外国语大学. For the CSC scholarship, I’ve applied directly through my embassy, and like many others here, my status is still ‘Currently checking’.

For the CI scholarship, I’ve applied through my university’s Confucius Institute, which has a special partnership with 北外, causing those students who apply to it to have a higher chance of getting accepted than if they were to apply to any other university. A couple of days ago, my status finally changed to 预录取, which I’m pretty happy with. 

My question is: since I applied to the same university, with two different scholarships for the same language course, could this cause a problem, a clash of sorts? Assuming that I’ll be awarded the Confucius Institute scholarship (as I’ve been pre-admitted already), would that mean that my CSC scholarship would become invalid, or would all my application documents just automatically be sent to my second choice university? I’ve emailed BFSU about this, but in typical Chinese fashion, they weren’t particularly clear and didn't really answer my question. Their reply was:

“学生只能获得一种奖学金,录取结果请以国家留学基金委或者孔子学院奖学金最终结果为准。”

I’m wondering if anyone here has had this experience of applying to two scholarships for the same university.

多谢啦!

Jp

Hello and congratulations to those who got their scholarships!  :wink:

I've applied for the Master's degree of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) starting in March 2017. My first choice was East China Normal Univeristy and the second - Fudan University.

My status now is 已确认

接收院校:华东师范大学

However, today I received an email from East China Normal Univeristy sending me an invitation for an interview via Skype.

They also want me to send them via post my Foreigner Physical Examinaton Form and bachelor’s degree... and to pay 400 Yuan into their bank account.

Now I have to do all the medical tests, but the problem is that the deadline is 10th June. And I do not know what to do since I do not have time ... If I manage to do the tests and get the results I will send them with Express Delivery Service, but I am not sure whether it would not be too late...

Have you heard about that interview for Masters? :conf  

Hello guys. Am new here,and am so glad to be part of this forum. :D

I am however worried about my status that says:

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 退回院校
(意见:经研究,为保证录取学生质量,提高录取效率,请各相关院校本着质量优先、国别平衡原则,重新预录取。)

Its been like that for more than a month now.

• New Members

hi everyone!

what is that mean?:  

接收院校审核中”- 预录取 (意见:该申请者身份属实,符合条件,同意录取

my University accepted me and I must wait only for hanban decision? How long it will take?

Thanks!  :wink:

@Jpl

As the university said, the CSC and Hanban will sort it out among themselves. It should be no problem. The university will get both applications anyway, so maybe at that step they will already advice both CSC and Hanban which one they will award to you. You say that you have already been pre-admitted via the CI Scholarship so perhaps that is what you will receive. I actually applied for both back in 2009, and I got the CSC scholarship. I never heard from the CI Scholarship, but learned belatedly (when I started working for the Confucius Institute!) that I actually got pre-admitted, but was not awarded the scholarship. I guess in the end the people in China ultimately decided on giving me the CSC Scholarship. The only difference between you and I is that my target universities are different. For the CSC, they were BLCU, Shanghai Jiaotong, and BNU. For the CI scholarship they were Shanghai Jiaotong and BLCU. Basically just reversed it.

@Danito

Does it take very long to process the health exam in your country? If that is the case, clearly explain to ECNU the situation and perhaps they will extend the deadline for you. The interview for MTCSOL is pretty standard. I believe every university does it. They want to get to know you, listen to your oral Chinese proficiency, and test your grasp of the language.