Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@maurice501 I didn’t receive too, but the university wrote that “Our office confirmed with Hanban that the certificates are kept in the office, and no need to send to the students. Accordingly, we will keep the certificates, and you could pick up when registration in our office”.

@Ray_m It is possible, you need to inform them:

Scholarship winners who cannot register with the host institutions on time should inform the host institution about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled.

@Santil. I would advise you to buy one. There are special insurances designed for students going abroad and they are not too expensive. China seems a bit like the US and the medical bill can go up very quickly if you go to a private hospital in case of a serious disease. I bought one to be able to be repatriated if I have a really big medical problem. In that case, the Chinese insurance won't help. Also with this insurance, I subscribed to an additional one which covers among things a judiciary protection in case you are responsible of an accident or if you are arrested.

@Hoshinoumi. For the basic cover 31.50€ per month but I chose the more complete one for 42€ per month. With Hansmerkur, a very well know company in Germany.

http://www.hansemerkur-vertriebsportal.de/produkte/reiseversicherung/tarifyoungtravel-outgoing#details

The additional one (accident and legal help) was 7€ more. Far below what you would pay in Spain.

Youngtravel is an insurance product designed for students. In Germany, pupils of secondary school often go abroad for a year so maybe there is a bigger market than in Spain. That would explain the lower rates. 

I am going to subscribe to an insurance with ARAG, it was a little bit under 300€ for ten months, the basic one. You can check in the website and use the calculator and see which one suites you better.

I had assumed the CI covered medical concerns, it says on the scholarship website

"The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses."

and again,

"Comprehensive medical insurance is purchased by the host institutions in accordance to relevant regulations on international students stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China. The insurance fee per person is RMB800 per year."

Is a separate cover required? I looked, and in the UK the cheapest I could find would be £300.

I got myself the International Student Identity Card (ISIC) for around 20€ (89 PLN) - apart from discounts it gives you an insurance, not as high as those that you pay hundreds for, but some of my firends who went to China were satisfied with it. 

@pho 42€/month looks like a really nice price!

@Santi Do you have any experience with ARAG? I've never heard of that insurance company

@baihua it is included, but coverage depends on the university and some people have advised to get another one.

@hoshinoumi I don't have any experience with any insurance company... so basically I've searching and deciding which one is affordable and looks professional at the same time. ARAG is a German insurance company, and they have affiliate companies in other countries, including Spain. They seemed trustworthy for me so I am gonna give them a try this time. Anyway, I hope I don't have to use the insurance during my year in China.  :D

Leaving tonight for Shanghai. Thanks for all who helped me on this forum especially Mr Crisgee. It was really great - and at some point quite stressful- exchanging about China and the Confucius Institute scholarship. A new chapter starts now for lots of us I imagine. To those who did not make it this time, I am sure you will get your scholarship next time and for all those who are heading to China, have a safe and wonderful stay there.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Next year I would like to apply for a Master degree in China. It's an English degree and has nothing to do with Chinese language.

Can I still apply for this scholarship or does Confucius Institute only provides scholarships to degrees related in Chinese language & culture?

Thank you!

been in beijing for almost a week, so far so good. well, actually my roommate is going for master degree, and he said that his teacher give him a paper which is the requirements of CIS, one of them is he have to keep the score above 90 (which is driving him crazy). so in my case, I'm going for 1-academic-year of study,is there any requirements from CIS to keep that scholarship going? maybe @crisgee or @pho can help me?

and last but not least,today I just done my medcheck here in Beijing, did anyone knows how long does it take to see the result? and how do I make my residence permit? thankyou so much!

Hello everyone!  :)  Can you tell me please when is the deadline to apply for a scholarship to be enrolled in March 2017? It just said that they need 45 working days to check the allpication+ it takes some time to get documents for visa and apply for visa, this way it seems like the middle of December.  I'd really appreciate if anyone can say the exact date or month. I would like to meet people who apply for MTCSOL for March 2017 to discuss the application process. Dont hesitate to send me a message :wink: . Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated! :wink: