Chinese-Forums

Cctv 4 - Happy Chinese

woliveri

I've just discovered Happy Chinese on the CCTV website and was wondering about the background of the actor "Susan". From the show they are saying she is from the US but I find it difficult to believe she is from the US. Her Chinese is quite good.

Anyone know more about her background?

Anyone like their shows?

I really enjoyed these shows, but I haven't watch them all yet (I believe I watched 100 episodes more or less). Actually there are too many episodes to keep my interest to watch them all...

The girl is Romanian and her name is Panait Mariana. Other information such as her weight and other vital measurements can be found on this website http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/122018283 ;)

Ahh, I was right. Any background on her Chinese studies? Where she studied and for how long?

It seems to me she spent a lot of time either around Chinese or living in China. Either that or she's a good actress.

I've seen her on TV a few times - the show is actually quite fun, for what it is, and the Susan character fits it a lot better than your average slotted-in foreigner. No idea about her background though. The link on the baidu page goes to a set of photos, which I'm sure nobody has any interest in.

The 土婆婆PK洋媳妇 show sounds great fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@Shaider thank you for bumping this old thread, I hadn't heard about these series and I like them, I don't have enough time to watch long episodes at the moment, so thank you! 

At the end of every chapter you can see the cast list, I think Da Wei's wife's real name is 陳莉, have a look at this site: http://www.readhouse.net/articles/264565260/ 

S70814-185346.jpg

• Like 1

On July 17, 2017 at 0:45 AM, Shaider said:

Does anyone know about the cast? I'm interested to know the real name of Da Wei's wife.

that must be the other show, the older one with Susan, because the Da Wei I met at BLCU was young 

he is also at the show which is a copy of a Korean show 

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...