Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

Congratulations to all winners this year and I'm sure you have already settled in China! For those that missed out and still want to apply for next year, or want to help out new applicants, please visit us at CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion for the next round.

We have spent months putting together applications for the 2012 CSC Scholarship and now the waiting begins. I want to once again thank the community here for another great round. Each year we strive to improve and compile all the information to make it easier for all scholarship hopefuls.

The CSC Scholarship - 2012 topic will have information on the application process. Please keep discussion in this topic to the CSC Scholarship results. Last year's discussion on results may be found here.

**We don't know how/why the status of the online application changes. It is possible to still receive the scholarship without it changing.

***Do research before posting questions about specific universities. Don't simply ask "What are my chances of getting into the engineering program at A university?" Follow up by contacting them and asking more about the program, so you can contribute to the discussion. For information on specific schools you may also look under the new section Universities in China.

I want to start off with some basic information to see how everyone applied:

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? Early February 2010

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Two year language program followed by a three year master's program in Chinese Accountancy.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Tsinghua University 2. Beijing University 3. Renmin University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Tsinghua University

10) Where did you get your physical done? Used my Chinese physical from enrolling at Beijing Language University in September 2009.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Just paid $5 to get an official sealed transcript from my university in the U.S.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I do not know, but I would like to start a collection.

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2010.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted late July 2010

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Renmin University for one year language program and three year master's program.

This is where your application will be going:

Steps

1. You send your application to a third party representative of CSC (maybe your school).

2. The third party (OR you can apply directly) sends application to your native country's Chinese Embassy.

3. Your native country's Chinese Embassy sends your application to the Beijing CSC office.

4. The Beijing CSC office sends your application to your selected schools.

5. If and when a school accepts you, your acceptance is sent to the Beijing CSC office.

6. The Beijing CSC office sends your acceptance to your native country's Chinese Embassy.

7. The Chinese Embassy sends your acceptance and all needed documentation to you.

At any step of this process your application may be rejected. Again we don't know why, how, or when the decision is made. In the end, the school gets a final say on whether you receive the scholarship or not.

I know the scholarship results are released very late for those planning to move across the world, but please be patient. For most applicants, you will receive your results around June and July. It may be possible to contact the school directly to inquire about your application. Keep in mind that your application may have been sent to another school that was not one of your preferences. In this case the other schools will not have any information.

The CSC scholarship is a huge collaborative effort, and I'm glad we're in this together. Good luck everyone!

• Like 3

1) What is your native country? U.S.A.

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? February 28, 2012

6) What program did you apply for? Two year language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing Foreign Studies University 2. Minzu University 3. Beijing Language and Culture University

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

10) Where did you get your physical done? Mahkota Medical Centre in Malacca, Malaysia in January 2012. 64 USD.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? A friend notarized copies of diploma and transcripts. Health form and documents were notarized at my local library in New Jersey. Free.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Wasn't in China, so no red stamps.

Results info will be added when received.

[updated on July 22, 2012]

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? No, "due to limited positons and high competitiveness"

14) How were you notified? Email from the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Rejected July 18, 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? None

1) What is your native country? Tunisia

2) Where did you apply? i sent it directly to the targeted university

3) When did you apply? end of February 2012

4) When was the deadline? USTC was March 31th 2012

6) What program did you apply for? three years master's program in business adminstration.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? i put one choice university of science and technology of china

9) What agency number did you use? USTC number

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local hospital in Tunis

11) How did you get your documents notarized? At notary office

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I didn't bother with this.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the full scholarship starting September 2012.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? i received my notification email in mid-may

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Anhui Normal University for one year language program and USTC three year master's program business adminstration.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? March 31st 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time applying.

6) What program did you apply for? Two Years MIR Program at Peking University

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing University (I didn't know that they applied to all schools)

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? Beijing university

10) Where did you get your physical done? Had my general practice physician fill it out in my home state.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? My aunt is luckily a notary

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I didn't bother with this as no one seemed to be able to do it around where I live

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the partial scholarship starting Fall 2012

14) How were you notified? Peking University emailed asking me to accept the scholarship on the condition I pay tuition so they could send it back to the CSC...apparently.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Officially not accepted quite yet

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Peking University for Two Year Master's in International Relation program

Can anyone comment on the partial scholarship and what it provides for? I was told by Peking University lodging, living allowance, and medical insurance would be provided. Does this include any books, travel expenses, food, etc? The hefty 60,000 RMB tuition price tag would go over better if I didn't have to worry about such things :P

1) What is your native country? Czech Republic

2) Where did you apply? Shanghai Jiaotong University

3) When did you apply? Early March 2012

4) When was the deadline? March 15 2012

6) What program did you apply for? Two year master in english - International Master Degree in Chinese Politics and Economy

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2. Fudan University, 3. Peking University

9) What agency number did you use? Shanghai Jiaotong University

10) Where did you get your physical done? Physician in my home country

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Notary in my country

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Don´t know :)

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012.

14) How were you notified? By post - mail.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? End of May.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? International Master Degree at Shanghai Jiaotong University, Chinese Politics and Economy

The partial scholarship generally only provides tuition. Depending on the school sometimes at the beginning of the semester they will deposit extra money for books. I'm pretty sure partial scholarships gets this covered. The monthly allowance is for any miscellaneous expenses, like food and travel.

2) Where did you apply? Targeted University.

3) When did you apply? Mach2012

4) When was the deadline? March

6) What program did you apply for? Political Science Ph.D. 3-5 years =/

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Xiamen University 2. Tsinghua University 3. Nanjing University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes, applied to and through Xiamen University.

9) What agency number did you use? Xiamen University

10) Where did you get your physical done? Used previous ones from studying in China.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? University and bringing documents to bank in USA, free.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps?

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted into the program first and then nominated for the Sino-US scholarship.

14) How were you notified? School emailed me asking to accept nomination within 3 days or else give it up. They then emailed me June 1 with the final confirmation, saying all documents are in the mail.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? April 2012 by the University. (Again, the school emailed me officially June 1, 2012). They also stated the list of accepted students will be posted on their website.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Xiamen University, Political Science Department, PhD.

Now the question is, do I want to ACCEPT it?

(Edited to update when I was officially notified)

Edited by steveh

1) What is your native country? Belize

2) Where did you apply? Through the OAS DHDEC

3) When did you apply? April 2012

4) When was the deadline? April 20th

6) What program did you apply for? Computer Science Bsc. 5 years

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? None

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand?No

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy in Washington Dc

10) Where did you get your physical done? Belize Medical Asscoiate's

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Ministry of Education here in Belize

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Don't have any yet

With Brian's permission, which I haven't asked for as I'm sure I'd get it, I'm going to butt in here and add a little something.

First off, massive thanks to Brian for organizing the CSC topics and keeping everyone as informed as possible, and thanks also to those who participate.

Second, now that your status is shifting from CSC applicant to actual student of Chinese, I'd like to point out that there's a massive amount of information available on this forum beyond the CSC, both on life and study in China, and on the language. If you'd like to ask questions about the university you're going to, have a quick look at our University Index, find the right institution and ask away. We can't guarantee answers, but that is the best way to get them. If you have any other questions, there's a search box up at the top right and a forums listing - if you can't find your answer, start a new topic and ask.

Best of luck to all.

Thanks roddy, even though I'm really tempted to fill your post with cute emocons :twisted:

For those first coming to China, don't worry about textbooks. If you can't easily download them free online, you probably won't pay more than $10. I think I still have my $200 textbook back home for my law class in the states.

) What is your native country? India

2) Where did you apply? through on line csc,directly to university for documents

3) When did you apply? March 1st 2012

4) When was the deadline? march 31st

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time applying.

6) What program did you apply for? Two Years master Program at beihang University

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beihang University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? Beihang university

10) Where did you get your physical done? Had my general practice physician fill it out in my home state.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? from notary public

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I didn't bother with this as no one seemed to be able to do it around where I live

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting Fall 2012

14) How were you notified? beihang University

15) When were you accepted/rejected? accepted

16) What school and program were you accepted to? beihang University for Two Year Master's in flight vehicle design

congrats to all who got selected and anyone got selected for beihang university

Hi! I've been lurking on these threads for awhile, reading about other people applying for this scholarship, etc. I have some questions so I decided to post now.

2) Where did you apply? Through my University, and then through the Chinese consulate in Chicago

3) When did you apply? March 26th

4) When was the deadline? I was told March 30th

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year language program (because this was through my school this was the only option)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University 2.Xiamen University 3. Tianjin University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No, I emailed Zhejiang and they told me I was not allowed to apply directly because I am an undergrad student

9) What agency number did you use? The one my home university gave me

10) Where did you get your physical done? My university clinic in Minnesota

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I didn't do this, no one told me I needed to. Is that bad?

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? This is another thing that I was unaware of

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the full scholarship starting September 2012.

14) How were you notified? E-mail from my school's China Center

15) When were you accepted/rejected? I got an email from my school July 28-ish

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tianjin University for 1 year language program

1) What is your native country? The Netherlands.

2) Where did you apply? Through 'Nuffic' (Dutch organisation), specifically the China Program.

3) When did you apply? Around January.

4) When was the deadline? 1st of Febuary.

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Nope!

6) What program did you apply for? Master of International Relations (English).

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Tsinghua University, Peking University, Xiamen University.

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes.

9) What agency number did you use? Nuffic Neso China.

10) Where did you get your physical done? Haven't got one done yet (only necessary if I receive the scholarship).

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Through my current university.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Don't have any.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Still waiting for news.

14) How were you notified? They say all applicants will receive letters.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? -

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Accepted to Tsinghua University, but I haven't received new yet about the scholarship.

PS: Another great thread! Awesome forum, and so very helpful!

2) Where did you apply? In China, Directly to Nanjing University

3) When did you apply? December 2011

4) When was the deadline? December 15, 2011 (NJU has an early deadline)

6) What program did you apply for? Two year M.A. in China Studies

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Nanjing University 2. Shanghai Jiaotong 3. Fudan

9) What agency number did you use? Nanjing University

10) Where did you get your physical done? Took my physical from work, printed out the new student one, filled it out and walked in and played dumb laowai until a dr. stamped my stuff

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Paid some BS amount from my university in the states

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Family Mart - they've got everything

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Called and was told in March, was notified in May by email

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Nanjing University China Studies M.A..