Chinese-Forums

Chengdu help?

Lyth

Hey guys,

I moved from Beijing to Chengdu last week, and I need some help finding some places, and getting some info.

I live near Jiu Yan Qiao 九眼桥, and need some info about nearby places and career opportunities.

1) Where is Andersen Bakery? Their site is in all chinese, and I cannot find an address. I have a giftcard, and would love to check it out.

2) I moved here with 70 other expats, and am planning on having a "Laowai Pancake Party". Where can I find cake flour/self rising flour or regular flour, baking soda and baking powder? (How do I ask for these things anyway? What're the chinese characters and pinyin?)

3) Are there any English oriented jobs in local or national security? I know this doesn't exactly apply to just Chengdu, but I figure that I'd at least ask. I have a security and computational background.

Thanks!

• New Members

hi, welcome to Chengdu, I am local here, and i hope that you will have a good time here~:)

1, you live near Jiuyanqiao, the nearest Andersen Bakery around that area is on Hongjixinlu (宏济新路), you can go across the bridge of the first ring road and the Bingjiang east road(滨江东路), go furthur to the South, the road will be on your right side, turn right when you see Hongjixinlu, keep going, pass the first crossing, keep going, and turn left on the second block, it should be there.

2, those things, are regular flour: Mianfen(面粉),cake flour/self rising flour:zifafen(自发粉), baking soda:xiaosuda(小苏打),baking powder:paodafen(泡打粉),there is a famous store near sichuan university: sabrina's country store, 54#Kehuabeilu(科华北路),85242987

3,about the jobs, i don't know exactly what kind of job you want, maybe you can give me details?

christina