Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

I have seen a couple people talking about trying to get into their university of choice and how the CSC places you in random universities that may not even be in your choices of preference. If so, and you are really set at being accepted into a specific school is it worth it to apply to the CSC Scholarship and then also apply to the other university you want to get accepted in? I am dead set in applying to Tianjin University, but I am also listing Nankai University as a second preference and preferably another school in the Tianjin area, I want to attend school in Tianjin. Do I have no real control over my preference and may get placed anywhere in China? Seems rather unfortunate.

• Like 2

Hello CSC Team, finding this page was a God Send, I really appreciate what you guys have done here. If I go all the way through this process, I would love to add to the support network with my experience and knowledge. But until then, I have a couple of questions!

I know in America, letters of recommendation are very confidential and there is a high level of accountability that comes along with them. For this application, it seems like we are supposed to get a good source to write us a letter, have them give it to us, and we mail it off to the embassy along with our application. Well, I know my University reference was like, ok, who should I send the letter to? Did you have your references give you the letters they wrote for you?

And, if I go into the registrar's office and ask them to notarize my degree and transcript, will they know what I'm talking about, or is this a confusing process?

Also, Is the Honorable Extrapages still willing to be a guarantor? I am pretty much finished with the online application, but the guarantor block is empty. I would feel a lot better about the whole situation if I had a real person to put down.

Thanks in advance for all of your time and support,

V/R Briun

Well, I know my University reference was like, ok, who should I send the letter to? Did you have your references give you the letters they wrote for you?

I'll bet the reference letter will get lost, so try and include it in your application packet. Try the best you can to explain this to your references, but the CSC doesn't take them too seriously, more of a rubber stamp aspect.

And, if I go into the registrar's office and ask them to notarize my degree and transcript, will they know what I'm talking about, or is this a confusing process?

Maybe not, but any transcript or document that is sealed and "looks official" should be good.

Guarantor info sent.

• New Members

@admin...thNx a lot for ur reply...plz atleast tell me anyway how can I apply..or can I contact some special person in china to apply. ...I have mark sheet of all semesters which I have done there,,,and some documents allowing me to do internship.can I apply with these documents please...plz tell me any way to get this...coz it will save me from wasting one year and always will be thankful to u for that....I will get. Degree in may after final exam 2013...but can I apply on the basis of mark sheet of all other semesters which I have already done coz that is only document I have

@naveed

Just try sending your latest transcripts. I know one girl at my school of Renmin University doing a masters degree and she doesn't even have a bachelors degree.

For those wondering about missing posts, I am deleting posts that are not relevant to discussion on the CSC scholarship. Asking about specific school programs or which schools to select do not add to discussion about the CSC and are better suited for a schools in China topic. If you feel your post was relevant, feel free to message me your case. It's nothing personal, just trying to cut back on some of these topics that can reach 30+ pages.

HI,admin and everyone!!!I am a doctor from MYANMAR,I want to attend postgraduate medicine in China in 2013..How can i apply?Now i am at China and attending chinese language at Weifang..The first thing i want to know is how can i apply CSC scholarship in China?Where can i send the documents?Also i don't know the Agency No for my country,,i can't find..Agency No is related with country or University?Everyone who knows about this please help me...

Hello,

I wanted to know if sending a sealed official transcript is okay instead of sending a notarized transcript as I would have to break the seal my school sends the transcript in, in order to get it notarized. An answer would be very much appreciated.

• New Members

hi,

few days ago I have sent an email to one of the university Professor in china. Then, he agreed to be my supervisor. He said that I could write my name as a supervisor in the form of scholarships. But I am confused where should I write? whether I should ask for a letter from him stating he is my supervisor? or should I ask him admission letter?

Hello,again!!! My sister is attending at weifang medical university,1st year..She also interested in this scholarship,,She want to know she can apply that scholarship or not..can she change university and apply scholarship?she is interested in Sun_yet_sin medical university,tianjin and dalian medical university,,Can she apply for this scholarship?She is afraid that she can't apply while in weifang medical university!!Pls help me any idea about this!!!Thanks a lot!!!

• New Members

Hello,

My name is azhar from Pakistan. I enrolled as master (2012 to 2014) student as self financed student. Unfortunately I missed CSC scholarship opportunity :( . I want to apply CSC scholarship 2013. Please guide my how I can apply this year? Your guidance is much valued.

Hi everyone,

I am now going through all the application process (for both Tsinghua University and the CSC), and was pretty shocked when the Chinese Embassy in Canada told me that they didn't received any instruction from the CSC yet. They were unaware of the deadline and even their own Agency No. :\ Does anyone have information about that? The deadline from past years is so early, their comment scared me quite a bit..

Thx ^^

• New Members

Hello,

My name is Miguel and I am from Spain. Last year I applied for the Chinese Government Scholarship to study a bachelor degree in economics and 1 year language study in beijing but I was sent to anhui normal university.

Well..perhaps most of you will think what is the problem? Well...now im doing the chinese course and I haven't got used to the city and also the conditions of the university are not so good....and I feel a little bit lonely..

The problem if that I would like to ask if somebody knows if I can change the university or if I should re-apply in 2013, but I dont know whether if I re-apply the chinese government would reject my application or receive punishment..I'm already 25 and I don't have a good financial situation so the scholarship is very important to me..I tried beijing because is a big city and there are more opportunities than here and if I were granted with the scholarship to study in beijing that could help to develope my future career, my dream was studying in beida or renmin university but I dont know what can I do...

Any help, advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel.

• New Members

@jptworld

I am also applying for the CSC in Canada. I am almost positive the deadline is January 3rd, so you must rush!!! For Alberta ours was due December 15th, but they did not take that deadline to seriously. I applied without having a Canadian passport and they let me email my passport number to them before they send my package off to the Chinese embassy.

Since I did mine through the Governement of Alberta, it was due far earlier than the ones for the Governemnt of Canada.

I think that this website http://www.scholarships-bourses.gc.ca/scholarships-bourses/can/ccsep-peucc.aspx?lang=eng&view=d will be very useful for you. It has the Canadian agency number of 1241.

Where in Canada are you located?

• Like 1

@cmoss

Seding a sealed transcript is fine.

@helohelotakky

Do you mean you asked for him to be your mentor or daoshi? You are better off getting an acceptance letter from the school since selecting your daoshi (mentor) doesn't happen until well after you are enrolled.

@NIKKO

She can apply while studying at university in China. Yet, she should try contacting the specific school first since the scholarship may send her to any random school of their choosing.

@jptworld

This is common, so keep in touch with the Canadian side (most reliable) and possibly contact schools directly. Remember that Canada breaks down scholarships by province, so you may have earlier/later application deadlines.

@goldfish09

Try to contact the CSC directly, especially their Beijing office. It is very difficult to change schools, but it is worth a shot.

@Richard隹志

Thank you so much for that information. To answer your question, I'm around the area of Montréal. I called again and have been told once again to not stress about the application since they do not know when is the deadline.... I am still shocked!!

I will take that 3rd of January seriously, but still at this point, it seems to me that they will not know what to do with the package.

I may even just go to the embassy, instead of posting it..

Thank you once again Richard!

Good luck to all of you and Merry Christmas