Chinese-Forums

Instant translation browsing tool for safari/ipad

yaogun

• New Members

Het everybody

I just got my new ipad, and now all i need is a dictionary tool similar to perapera kun that gives me instant translations for for characters when browsing chinese sites. Sadly perapera kun is not compattible with safari, and Firefox wont work on an ipad. Chrome has similar translation tools but i cant access the chrome marketplace using my ipad. Can really be that is no such tool outthere for ipad users.?

Any ipad users outthere with similar problems.?

Thanks

The mandarin tools plug in works pretty nicely on the ipad, but with the new ios you can get instant chinese-chinese translations (and pronounciation/reading) when pressing and holding the caracter (s). If you just want the eng-chi, then install the mandarin tools one, although using a chi-chi dictionary can definitely improve your Chinese reading skills, just takes a bit more effort.

A link for which tool? What I mentioned is already built in to the the new apple operating system. 6.0 I believe. Just open a Chinese page on your ipad, and press and hold a character you want to search, and a little bar will come up above the character with options to define, speak, or search. I don't have my ipad with me so I'm doing this from memory. Hope I'm right :)