Chinese-Forums

ZDT 1.0.0 released

kaya

I've released a new version of ZDT (1.0.0). I fixed some bugs and I think it's much better than a beta version, hence v1.0.0.

Here are the changes to the previous version (v0.9.1):

* Improvement: Cedict plugin updated to v0.6.0 (CC-CEDICT release from 2013-05-03 having 106174 entries)

* Improvement: Hide "Play Sound" button in review mode when there is no sound file attached

* Improvement: Disable "Play Sound" button in Flashcard Notes view when there is no sound file attached

* Improvement: Changing the dictionary executes a search on the new chosen dictionary so that one can easily cycle through all dictionaries searching the same word(s). Fixes also the bug where a selected user entry could not be linked with the category editor since the user dictionary entry could not be found in the newly chosen dictionary.

* Bugfix: Pinyin may now contain apostrophes

* Bugfix: Notes were not always imported

* Bugfix: In review mode, internal error occurred during "Play sound"

* Bugfix: When going to next flashcard, Flashcard Notes view threw error when disposed

* Bugfix: Dictionary threw an error when closed or opened again

* Bugfix: Resuming flashcard session could throw an error

* Bugfix: Disable back button when first flashcard is shown on resuming session

* Bugfix: Drag & drop from dictionary to flashcard category didn't work for some entries (i.e. ling/zero)

* Bugfix: Neutral tone was (wrongly) displayed and made drag & drop from dictionary to flashcard category impossible, logging error "is not a valid line"

The Windows version is being uploaded. Linux and Mac versions will follow in the same folder:

https://sourceforge..../zdt/zdt-1.0.0/

If you have any feedback or suggestions, please create a new thread in this forum for each new topic.

For bug reports please use: https://sourceforge....341&atid=726928

• Like 2

That one is still there, but I found out that we can use things like 'yidianr3', where the 'r' is included in the syllable. I still need to check if this also works correctly when importing from a TXT file, since that is when I come across the issue the first time. I also tried to read the code, and I did not see anything from preventing a standalone-r, but also nothing supporting it. Need to review that as well. Keep you posted in the bug tracker.

I have done an import with this line:

頭兒 头儿 tou2 r5 boss4; head 名词; noun <- this import imports pinyin with numbers.

And the result was that the pinyin in both the is shown as "tóur" in both the Category editor and in the Flashcard during studying. (accent on the 'o').

When manually entered 'tou2 r5' it also works well, same result.

When imported this line:

頭兒 头儿 tóur boss4; head 名词; noun; <- this import uses pinyin with tonemarks

Same result. ZDT translates 'tóur' to tour2 r5

When I enter 'tour2' as pinyin, the output is 'tour2', not ‘tóur’ and this is not correct.

The good news is that ZDT accepts now r5. This is especially good, because the adso or cedict proposed to write this way. Yī diǎnr is correctly shown in all situations: yi1 dianr3 gets nicely tonemarks and yi1 dian3 r5 too, though with a space.

I am not sure why tour2 and dianr3 are treated differently. tour2 doesn't get tonemarks, dianr3 does. 'tour2' is an absolutely valid way of writing, this should be acceptable as well. And as a matter of fact, it was acceptable in the past; even an entry that showed correctly, shows now tour2 instead of tonemarks. Shoudl this be reported as a new bug?

However, there is still a 'space' in between. While this space normally helps to improve readability (I understand that this is by design), in this case it is actually wrong.

Edited by mvdberg112

• 10 months later...