Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

Congratulations to all winners this year and I'm sure you have already settled in China! For those that missed out and still want to apply for next year, or want to help out new applicants, please visit us at CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion for the next round.

We have spent months putting together applications for the 2013 CSC Scholarship and now the waiting begins. I want to once again thank the community here for another great round. Each year we strive to improve and compile all the information to make it easier for all scholarship hopefuls.

The CSC Scholarship - 2013 topic will have information on the application process. Please keep discussion in this topic to the CSC Scholarship results. Last year's discussion on results may be found here.

**We don't know how/why the status of the online application changes. It is possible to still receive the scholarship without it changing.
***Do research before posting questions about specific universities. Don't simply ask "What are my chances of getting into the engineering program at A university?" Follow up by contacting them and asking more about the program, so you can contribute to the discussion. For information on specific schools you may also look under the new section Universities in China.

I want to start off with some basic information to see how everyone applied:

1) What is your native country? U.S.
2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.
3) When did you apply? Early February 2010
4) When was the deadline? April 30th
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.
6) What program did you apply for? Two year language program followed by a three year master's program in Chinese Accountancy.
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Tsinghua University 2. Beijing University 3. Renmin University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? Tsinghua University
10) Where did you get your physical done? Used my Chinese physical from enrolling at Beijing Language University in September 2009.
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Just paid $5 to get an official sealed transcript from my university in the U.S.
12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I do not know, but I would like to start a collection.

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2010.
14) How were you notified? By e-mail
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted late July 2010
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Renmin University for one year language program and three year master's program.

This is where your application will be going:

Steps
1. You send your application to a third party representative of CSC (maybe your school).
2. The third party (OR you can apply directly) sends application to your native country's Chinese Embassy.
3. Your native country's Chinese Embassy sends your application to the Beijing CSC office.
4. The Beijing CSC office sends your application to your selected schools.
5. If and when a school accepts you, your acceptance is sent to the Beijing CSC office.
6. The Beijing CSC office sends your acceptance to your native country's Chinese Embassy.
7. The Chinese Embassy sends your acceptance and all needed documentation to you.

At any step of this process your application may be rejected. Again we don't know why, how, or when the decision is made. In the end, the school gets a final say on whether you receive the scholarship or not.

I know the scholarship results are released very late for those planning to move across the world, but please be patient. For most applicants, you will receive your results around June and July. It may be possible to contact the school directly to inquire about your application. Keep in mind that your application may have been sent to another school that was not one of your preferences. In this case the other schools will not have any information.

The CSC scholarship is a huge collaborative effort, and I'm glad we're in this together. Good luck everyone!

• Like 4

Brian, first of all i want to thank you, your posts are so useful for who are applying for those scholarship.

大家好!

1) What is your native country? Argentina

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

3) When did you apply? March 28th

4) When was the deadline? April 5th

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Nankai University 2. Tianjin Foreign Studies University 3. Tianjin University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes. I had my admission of Nankai U. and TFSU by email, and today i received a letter from Nankai, . the only problem is JW202 says: Self Funded, and i got a Scholarship :conf. . So i wrote to them today to know if they admit me anyway. Anyone has this problem too?

9) What agency number did you use? Embassy of China in Argentina

10) Where did you get your physical done? Here, in Argentina, in March 2013

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Here, in Argentina, with some English Translator, it costs me about a 60 U$S.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I do not have any, i think Embassy is going to do that.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I don't know. I was accepted by University (i guess) by email on March, and post mail today (05/22/2013), but i have no news of Chinese Embassy in Argentina yet. And my CSC account says: "The application form is currently checking." I hope it is doing well.

I would like to second my thanks to everyone from the 2013 and in the past who helped me figure out this CSC process.

3) When did you apply? April 15th

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University 2. Fudan University 3. Shanghai Jiao Tong University

9) What agency number did you use? D.C. Chinese Embassy

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local medical clinic

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Just paid $10 to get two official sealed transcripts from my university in the U.S.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I have no idea what this is

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? NOT AVAILABLE

14) How were you notified? N/A

15) When were you accepted/rejected? N/A

16) What school and program were you accepted to? N/A

UPDATED July 30, 2013:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Not Accepted

14) How were you notified? Via Email. I emailed the official at the DC Embassy first, and he replied to tell me that if I was not notified before, then that means I did not receive the scholarship. I'm assuming everyone found out around July 17-18, as thats when people were notified in the 2012 results thread.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 30th

3) When did you apply? Early February 2010

6) What program did you apply for? Two year language program.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Harbin Institute of Technology 2. Dalian University of Technology 3. Liaoning Normal University

9) What agency number did you use? U.S. Embassy Washington, D.C.

10) Where did you get your physical done? My local physician / hospital in the U.S.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Had each relevant page notarized by a local notary.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? ?????

Brain let me commend you on seeking to provide answers to many questions applicants might have as it relates to there status for 2013.

1. What is your native councty? Jamaica

2. Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Kingston Jamaica

3. When did you apply? February

4. When was the deadline? April 30th

5. Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this is my first time

6. What programm di you apply for? Two year language programme followed by Bsc. Urban-Rural Planning and Resources Management

7.What school did you put as your preferences? 1. Nanjain University 2.Wuhan University 3. peking University

8. Did you apply to your school of choice beforehand? NO

9. What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy, Kingston

10. Where did ytou get your physical done? Local physician/clenic

11. How did you get your documents notarized? Applications were submitted to embassy

Results

12. Where you accepted for the scholarship, if you were when or why not? Monday July, 8, 2013

13. How where you notified? By email from Ministry of Finance

14 When where you accepted?

15 What school and programme were you accepted to? Nanjing Agricultural University, Resources Environment and Rural & Urban Planning

Good luck to everyone!!

1) What is your native country? Finland

2) Where did you apply? Third party; Centre of International Mobility in Finland

3) When did you apply? March 14th

4) When was the deadline? March 15th

6) What program did you apply for? One year general scholar studies in Traditional Chinese Medicine

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2. Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine 3. Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine

9) What agency number did you use? Embassy of P.R. China in Helsinki

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local clinic.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I had the documents notarized by a locar notary.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? ??

Edited:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for a full scholarship.

14) How were you notified? By email and the admission letter came a few days later.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 19.7.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? To Beijing University of Chinese Medicine to study Chinese Medicine as general scholar.

@Brain US

I applied for the scholarship programme. However, in checking with one of the university that i listed as my choice; they are asking me for application identification number. To the best of my knowledge there was no number on my form or given any after submitting to the embassy. your assistance is needed in locating such number on the application should i be looking in the wrong place!

Regards,

1) What is your native country? Macedonia

2) Where did you apply? The Macedonian Ministry of Education and Science (a third party representative)

3) When did you apply? April 2 2013

4) When was the deadline? April 2 2013

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, I applied for and was awarded a scholarship in 2011 http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/32171-csc-scholarship-results-2011/page__st__680#comment-266764

6) What program did you apply for? A Chinese-taught master's program in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University 2. East China Normal University 3. Shanghai International Studies University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No, but I contacted their Admissions Office and would highly encourage other applicants to do so

9) What agency number did you use? Embassy of P.R. China, Macedonia

10) Where did you get your physical done? Same place as in 2011. This time someone from the Ministry called me and asked me to bring them the original. I told them that I might need it for my visa, they still insisted.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I didn't get any copies notarized, I didn't have the time for that. Some documents are accompanied by translations done by sworn translators. I now realize this might be the reason why I was asked for the original physical.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I don't know anything about this.

Current status : Application form is currently checking/ 申请表正在审核中

Updated July 15:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship

14) How were you notified? By phone

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 9 July 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Zhejiang University, a two-year Master's Degree program in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, from September 2013 to July 2015

Just wanted to thank Brian *again*. If not for this thread I probably wouldn't have bothered as the process is quite lengthy. Good luck to everyone!!

3) When did you apply? Mid-March (I think the 14 or 15?)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Harbin Institute of Technology 2. Ocean University in China 3. Beijing Language and Culture University

9) What agency number did you use? U.S. Embassy Washington, D.C.

10) Where did you get your physical done? My doctor.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Spent $14 to get 2 officially sealed transcripts.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? what are red stamps?

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Not Accepted

14) How were you notified? I wasn't (I tried emailing and calling but no one responded to me). Going off of deadlines and what Slasherchinese's response is its safe to say I was rejected.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 30

2) Where did you apply? Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine

3) When did you apply? Filled out application in late January; Sent in hard-copies via DHL late April

6) What program did you apply for? Three Year Doctoral Program in Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Tuina (taught in English)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2. Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine 3. Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes/No...I applied for the TUTCM Chinese government scholarship program for postgraduates.

9) What agency number did you use? Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine

10) Where did you get your physical done? Urgent Care Center

11) How did you get your documents notarized? School registrar at my former university.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Huh?

Thanks for all the help Brian, this community and the advice from people all over the world really makes this process easier.

2) Where did you apply? Tianjin University, I applied directly and handed in my documents to the office since I am on campus studying Chinese

3) When did you apply? Beginning of March

4) When was the deadline? March 15th

6) What program did you apply for? Three year master's program in biochemical engineering

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Tianjin University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No, but I am pretty sure they gave me a pre-admission letter

9) What agency number did you use? Tianjin University

10) Where did you get your physical done? At the Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau in Tianjin

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Got them notarized in the US when I was still there

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? They gave them to me on the physical done here in China

Edited 7/5/13

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2013.

14) How were you notified? By phone call

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted early July 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tianjin University for one year language program and three year master's program.

• Like 1

• New Members

Hello guys,glad to share with u,I applied to 4 schools with the same username ,i come just to see that the last one is Application form has been already submitted. So my question is how can I know the status of the three others universities? thks.hkshhSo my question is how can I know the status of three others universities?

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? U.S.A.

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? February 19, 2013

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes; was not accepted last year.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing Normal University 2. Capital Normal University 3. Sichuan University

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

10) Where did you get your physical done? Mahkota Medical Centre in Malacca, Malaysia. 64 USD.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Copies of diploma, transcripts, and health form were notarized at my local library in New Jersey. Free.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Wasn't in China, so no red stamps.

Update: August 30, 2013

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? No. I never got a response. I emailed the education office in Washington DC and didn't get a reply. Last year I at least received a friendly rejection letter. I'm not even sure if they processed my application this year.

14) How were you notified? None

16) What school and program were you accepted to? None

I did receieve a six month scholarship to study Chinese in Taiwan. Now I'm in Taipei and classes start in three days!

• Like 1

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Consulate in Houston, TX

3) When did you apply? Mid-March

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, I received the one year language scholarship in 2010-2011 (notified by email, accepted to BLCU)

6) What program did you apply for? one year language training followed by one year general scholar study in International Trade and Economics

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Peking University 2. Tsinghua University 3. Fudan University

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Consulate in Houston, TX

10) Where did you get your physical done? My school's health center

11) How did you get your documents notarized? My school's International Education Office.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Don't know what this is

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? N/A

14) How were you notified? N/A

Hello. I am from Pakistan i have applied for csc scholarship 2 times before and now Its my 3rd time..i applied via Higher education commission (which is the nomination agency for scholarship in pakistan) and directly to different universities as well but unfortunately my application was unsuccessful.Now i applied directly and got confirmation of nomination from Huazhong university of science and technology but final selection will be announced in early june..Anyone who also applied to this university.

@Dr.Haseeb Sattar - You're being 'blocked' by your HIE commission. If possible, see if you can apply directly to the Chinese Embassy. Unfortunately, this CSC scholarship is very pro-diplomacy and the Chinese Embassies work in collaboration with the government when it comes to granting scholarships. The annoying thing is that many nominating agencies favour family, friends or kids of Ministers, etc. over any random applicant. This part is not always known by the Chinese Embassies. So try to ask the Chinese Embassy in your country for their agency number and then apply online. Submit your documents directly to the embassy.

This is the second time that I'll be applying. The first time was many, many years ago and I was nominated by my country's government. I spent several years in China doing my Bachelor's.

This time I was asked to apply by my country's Chinese Embassy for a 1-year course in Advanced Mandarin. They asked me to apply on a Friday night, so I had to sort out my documents on a weekend! I actually only submitted my application documents on the 30th of April (which was also the deadline date), it included my physical examination form. I don't know if this almost-late submission will have a negative impact on my application. We'll just have to see. Current status on the CSC website: "Checking". Whatever that means.

As far as I know, most people who apply for the CSC through government officials or their Chinese Embassies are granted the scholarship as long as their documents/info are complete (this is assuming that the government or agencies do forward the candidate's documents to the Chinese Embassy).