Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 Other Applicants

haoyu

tanhaste - Different dispatching authorities have different deadline.  The most common deadline is April 30th.  If the deadline has passed for the dispatching authority of your choice, try to find another one with a later deadline date.

An admissions notice is indeed optional. It is definitely recommended however, because you will have a much higher chance of 1 - actually being awarded the CSC scholarship and 2 - actually getting the university of your choice.

As many universities' application dates doesn't necessarily coincide with CSC scholarship applocation dates, the letter is actually a special "pre-admissions" notice.  So schools that issue it, means they support your CSC application. You can imagine how much weight it carries.

If the deadline date has passed for your dispatching authority but they still accept your application, then that's good news. But if they refuse your application, try to apply through another dispatching authority.

hello 

im  new girl here i wish all the best  :)

I have submitted an application to the Chinese government scholarship...

I hope that I have a chance and that are accepted for scholarship

I have applied to sjtu for one year language and 2 years for master wish me luck :D  :D  :D  :D  

by the way our  Embassy does not accept any applications  are not all the way 

i apply directly to the university do I have a chance? i hope  :wall  :wall  :wall  :wall

can i apply  more than ones  ??for more chance !!!!

with all my respect an wish luck  for all of you guys   :)

Hi ShuoShuo and all...

I just got a letter said that I was accepted in the University. And also I was accepted as CSC scholarship candidate. But since it is in English (as mentioned in earlier msg), they can't cover full of tuition fee.  :conf

For this CSC scholarship, does it mean that it is the Chinese Government Scholarship?

Or can it be possibly under University Scholarship and Beijing Government Scholarship?

Coz they didn't mention which scholarship that was offered. Only mentioned "CSC scholarship". And from what I know, CSC is not only CGS but also some other kind of scholarship. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am so anxious if it cover the accommodation and monthly allowance, besides the partial tuition.. or just basically just partial tuition without any other allowance..

They didn't mention anything about that although I had tried to ask.

I feel soooooo puzzle right now....... :wall....  :shrug:

Please help....

shroq - If you applied directly to the university, you have a better chance if it's a Masters or PhD. Any reason why your country doesn't accept applications? Also, if you are applying directly to the universities, as far as I kmow you can indeed apply more than once.

The 'study in Shanghai' is not the CSC but the Shanghai Government scholarship. It is another scholarship and you can apply for that too.

revealed - What you received is a pre-admissions notice, which is the document most universities will give students who are applying for the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) scholarship. The results for who gets awarded the scholarship is published from late June to late July...so are you sure what you received is a confirmation that you have been awarded the scholarship?

The scholarship covers tuition fees (even if your major is taught in English), accommodation, monthly allowance, etc. Please verify that your application to CSC is complete (you will have to send the admissions notice, together with your documents and physical examination results to a dispatching authority + online application).

• Like 2

Hi guys I am from southeast university china. Anyone who is seeking sholarships for master or phd can still send me their documents, i can still help them get a full csc sponsored scholarships from my university. The sooner the better. 

@shuoshuo 

thank you sooo much you are the best 

i dont know our embassy here Announced that it does not receive any applications so i apply directly to university 

can i apply for  Shanghai Government scholarship. or wait for result ?? :help  

its my first time for me what your topic for me  do i have apply more than ones ?? i deeply want study master   :help 

i have a friend want apply with  Higher Diploma for master its work ? :help   :help

It is the first experience for me already is tough and it is the  wait is the hardest   :wall  :wall  :wall

thank you for all  :)

Hi ShuoShuo, Thanks for your reply. 

Yes it was pre-acceptance notice.  :shock:

Finally got another email this morning that made those all cleared:

"We are delighted to inform you that we have nominated you as a candidate of Chinese Government Scholarship. The final result will be notified after the evaluation by China Scholarship Council.

We already received your CSC application documents.You do not need to submit any other documents for CSC scholarship application."

Luckily I don't need to submit the documents myself to CSC because the application through the embassy (for my country) had been closed on in March.  :mrgreen: 

Anyway, it's a looooooooong loooooooooooong journey waiting till June / July.  :roll:

But above all, don't give up!  :wink:

• Like 1

shroq - The Shanghai Government Scholarship's deadline may be different from the CSC application deadline.  Try to apply as soon as you can if the deadline hasn't passed yet.  I wish you the best of luck!

---

Well, I haven't even applied yet for this year guys! :D I have been very hesitant for personal/family reasons.  But I did my physical examination a few days ago and I will get the results soon.  My country has asked me to apply through them but the university I want has also offered to send my application to CSC Beijing.  So at the moment I don't really know what I'm going to do yet.  I guess I will figure it out as soon as I get all my documents in order.  Looks like I will be a late applicant again.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Good luck to all of us! :D

• Like 1

shuoshuo thank you so much 

when i apply for The Shanghai Government Scholarship's did i have send the document by DHL  or just on the websit  on line ??

and is it full Scholarship i want full becoz i can study on my  self 

thanks

shroq - try to get in touch with the universities' internationa student department and ask them for the deadlines and their requirements for scholarship.  It's the best approach.  Many embassies' deadline is on April 30th.  I think some universities will accept applications even after that date, but it's just best to submit your application before the end of this month.  There are so many applicants that the early ones are prioritized.

• Like 1