Chinese-Forums

MISSING: Robert McHale, 23, Jiaxing

lebynthos

Hi guys, a friend of mine has been missing since monday, trying to find out where he is.

Pic: http://i.imgbox.com/21qe4c8X.jpg

He lives in Jiaxing, Zhejiang, and last seen there at midnight on Monday. His work had a spare key to his apartment and went in there the other day and found his passport, bank card and phone there with no sign of him.

He's from Ireland and speaks very little, if any, Chinese.

The local police and the Irish embassy have been contacted, but we wanna get this about as much as possible. I've just been told about this tonight by another friend, who's going to Jiaxing on Sunday with a chinese friend to try and find out more (we live in another city).

My friend's asked his work in Jiaxing to get in contact with the local radio, and I'm posting about on as many sites as I can. We've got some posts out on weibo in Chinese too. I don't know what else we can do.

If anyone has any suggestions to help, or knows or hears anything, please let me know.

His work had a spare key to his apartment and went in there the other day and found his passport, bank card and phone there with no sign of him.

The first thing that comes to my mind is, if he left all of these things in his apartment before he went out, then either he wanted to get away from it all, or whatever happened to him happened on a trip that didn't take him more than a few minutes from his apartment. So unless you want to leave it to the police to do this, your friend could go to the restaurants, stores etc. in the neighborhood and ask those people if they've seen anything unusual at the time of his disappearance.

Wish you good luck, hope you'll find him save and sound.

Well the link now opens a new page from the one I originally saw. The headline is:

"Family of late Irish man Robert McHale (23) travel to China

It says in the article    :"Chinese police have said they won't release any details of the circumstances until they meet with the family."

and this    " Consular assistance is being provided to the family of an Irish man who has died in China."

I feel this adds up to Robert McHale having died.

As i said before my condolences to all concerned.

The only place that says he's dead is the headline. What shoddy journalism, if there's no news, just say that, or don't write until there is.

If he is indeed dead, condolences to his family. It's heartening that he had people both nearby and far away who very quickly realised something was wrong, but the outcome really is too sad.

• Like 1

It does say in the article that " Consular assistance is being provided to the family of an Irish man who has died in China."

It also says "Chinese police have said they won't release any details of the circumstances until they meet with the family." so there is no more info at the moment.

Not sure how much clearer this needs to be.

• Like 1