Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

1) What is your native country? Pakistan
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Pakistan
3) When did you apply? Mid March
4) When was the deadline? April 15 or 20
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.
6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese Language Program + 2 Years Masters in International Trade.
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Renmin University 2. UIBE 3. Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes
9) What agency number did you use? 5861
10) Where did you get your physical done? Government Hospital (Services Medical Hospital) for Rs.820 (8-9 USD :P)
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Notary Public for under $5
Results
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes!
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, UIBE and SUFE
14) How were you notified? telephone
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Received call on 22th July, 2014 to collect my Admission letter and form
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics, Masters in International Business (2 Yrs)

yay!

Edited by Jimmyz
  • Like 2

Praise be to haoyu for taking this over!

I wish everyone best of luck in this dreadful wait for results. I personally only found out around the end of July after calling the DC embassy several times. I was told that I was only one of two US applicants that had not yet received their results. Of course, I finally received my acceptance by e-mail, so thankfully I was already in Beijing as I can't imagine dropping everything with a one month notice for Fall classes.

• Like 2

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? Directly to the LLM program at Zhejiang University

3) When did you apply?  April 2014

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

6) What program did you apply for? LLM in Chinese law.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes, as a graduate student I only applied directly to the school

9) What agency number did you use? The one for Zhejiang University

10) Where did you get your physical done? Doctor’s office at home

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized by my town clerk.  

Finally, for those getting results:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I have heard from Zhejiang University and have been accepted into the LLM program. They have notified me that they have nominated me for the Chinese Govt. Scholarship and that I am likely to receive the award, however, I’m still waiting to hear directly from the CSC!

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, to Zhejiang University LLM

14) How were you notified? by e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected?  accepted to Zhejiang in early May 2014

16) What school and program were you accepted to? 2 year LLM degree in Chinese Law
  • Like 1

1) What is your native country? Vietnam.

2) Where did you apply? Directly to Beihang University & Northeastern University

3) When did you apply?  March 2014

4) When was the deadline? March 25th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Nope.

6) What program did you apply for? Master in Management

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beihang University, 2.Northeastern University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? Numbers of above universities

10) Where did you get your physical done? National hospital in my hometown

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized by my town clerk.  

Result: (updated 14/06)

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Waiting for mailling

14) How were you notified? Mail & Website

15) When were you accepted/rejected?  Accept to be in formal list: 26 May, got news for confirmation of scholarship: 13/06

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Beihang University - Business Management
  • Like 1

1) What is your native country? U.S.
2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Consulate in Chicago.
3) When did you apply? Late January 2014
4) When was the deadline? April 10th 2014
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.
6) What program did you apply for? Masters with 1 year Chinese language preperation.
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Peking University 2. Tsinghua University 3. Renmen University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No (but I applied to the schools separately after I submitted my CSC application)
9) What agency number did you use? 8402 (Chinese Consulate in Chicago)
10) Where did you get your physical done? Urgent care center
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes at a local bank

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, I was notified by the Consulate that I was awarded a full scholarship.
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)?  Yes, I recieved a pre-admission letter from Peking University on April 16th.
14) How were you notified? E-mail,
15) When were you accepted/rejected? I was accepted for the Scholarship on March 13th. Full results were confirmed July 3rd 2014
16) What school and program were you accepted to? I was accepted into Peking University for one year of Chinese language and then 2-3 years for a masters in international political economy.

Updated 07/03/2014
  • Like 1

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? Mid-February 2014

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language student for 1 year

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Yunnan Normal University 2. Qindao University 3. Fujian Normal University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Nope

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy in DC 

10) Where did you get your physical done? Doctor’s office at home

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Nope, but my university transcript was officially sealed   

And the results!

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes!! Yayy!!

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No, but I didn't apply, so I wasn't surprised by that.

14) How were you notified? Email from the Washington DC Embassy Education Office

15) When were you accepted/rejected? April 30, 2014 (was not expecting to hear that early!)

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Hebei Normal University for a one year Chinese language program.

I'm trying to apply to a couple other universities, but there is little info on how to apply on their websites. (Right now I'm trying for Lundong University in Yantai, Shandong Province). I emailed them but all they sent me was the info on how to apply for the CSC scholarship... I feel like the solution is just to take the time to email them in Chinese, unless anyone has any better advice. 

• Like 1

I am waiting...Results CSC Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University. I have received sms from my professor in 13/5/2014, he said that: "今天我把你的申请材料签字了,同意接收你", after that he said: "这是一个审核的程序,国际教育学院在收到你的材料之后,经过初步审核,如果没有问题,就把材料交到相关院系,由接收教授和院系签字同意,再交回国际教育学院。这是程序中的一个步骤,并不意味着CSC的正式结果,当然,你大概可以看成是说这个申请应该更加有希望了".  If anyone has information related to CSC at Zhejiang Univesity, please share this news at here. Thank you so much!

1) What is your native country? Indonesia
2) Where did you apply? Directly to Zhejiang University
3) When did you apply?  April 2014
4) When was the deadline? April 22nd
6) What program did you apply for? MAE (Agricultural Economics and Management)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No. This is my first time
9) What agency number did you use? Zhejiang University
10) Where did you get your physical done? Public Hospital
11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized by my home university

Result (Updating):

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I have been pre-nominated for CSC Scholarship Candidates into MAE Program. I am waiting for formal acceptance from CSC
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, Pre-Admission Notice from MAE Program in Zhejiang University
14) How were you notified? by e-mail
15) When were you accepted/rejected?  accepted to Zhejiang in early May 2014
16) What school and program were you accepted to? 1 year Chinese Language and 3 year master's program
  • Like 1

1) What is your native country? Costa Rica

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Costa Rica

3) When did you apply? Late March

4) When was the deadline? April 1st

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language student.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing Language and Culture University  2. Beijing Foreign Studies University  3. Beihang University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy in Costa Rica

10) Where did you get your physical done? Private clinic

11) Did you get your documents notarized? No, public Universities authenticate the transcripts and degree. Also, I had those and their respective traductions to english authenticated at the Foreign Ministry, and then all documents legalized at the Chinese Embassy.

Update

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? ???

14) How were you notified? By email

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 15 (the day the embassy notified us by email)

16) What school and program were you accepted to? One year language in BLCU

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? Russia.

2) Where did you apply? Directly.

3) When did you apply? Early March 2014.

4) When was the deadline? April 30th.

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, one year in Beijing Language and Culture University.

6) What program did you apply for? Masters, international law with one year chinese language.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Nanjing University 2. Southwestern University of Finance and Economics 3. Hebei University of Economics and Business 4. Qingdao University 5. Ocean University of China 6. University of International Business and Economics 7. Zhejiang University 8. Shandong University.

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes.

9) What agency number did you use? Universities.

10) Where did you get your physical done? Private clinic.

11) Did you get your documents notarized? All documents notarized by private notary.  

Waiting a results from Nanjing University (according to my information the documents sended to CSC), another universities is fallback.

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Nope

14) How were you notified? Mail 

15) When were you accepted/rejected?  Acepted in June 

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Hebei University of Economics and Business - International Law

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? Viet Nam

2) Where did you apply? Zhejiang University

3) When did you apply?  Jan 2014

4) When was the deadline? April 20th

6) What program did you apply for? PhD (Chinese Philosophy)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University; 2. Xiamen University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No. This is my first time

9) What agency number did you use? Zhejiang University

10) Where did you get your physical done? National hospital in my hometown

11) Did you get your documents notarized? 1 - Highest diploma (notarized photocopy); 2 - Academic transcripts; 3 - Study or research plan; 4 - Recommendation letters (02 Prof in Vietnam; 01 Prof at Zhejiang University)

Result (Updating): 

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why?

- At Xiamen University: I have been pre-nominated for CSC Scholarship Candidates into PhD Program. I am waiting for formal acceptance from CSC

- At Zhejiang University:  I have received sms from my professor in 13/5/2014, he said that: "今天我把你的申请材料签字了,同意接收你", after that he said: "这是一个审核的程序,国际教育学院在收到你的材料之后,经过初步审核,如果没有问题,就把材料交到相关院系,由接收教授和院系签字同意,再交回国际教育学院。这是程序中的一个步骤,并不意味着CSC的正式结果,当然,你大概可以看成是说这个申请应该更加有希望了".

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, Pre-Admission Notice from PhD Program in Xiamen University

14) How were you notified? by e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected?  If I have passed all, I will chosen Zhejiang University

16) What school and program were you accepted to? 1 year Chinese Language and 3-4 year Doctoral program

• Like 1

Alhamdulillah by Grace of Allah,, I have just received my scholarship packages (Admission Notice, Form JW201, CSC Scholarship). CSC provides me full scholarship with duration of study from Sept 2014 to July 2018. Success to other candidates,

• Like 3

@HSK 1: Hello!

Thank you for your information. Have you been accepted by one of professors from Zhejiang university before applying for CSC? And when did you receive that scholarship package? I am so surprised about that since Dr Tangli (international education office) has emailed me as follow:   "报名工作刚刚结束,材料还在汇总审核中,1个月后拟录取名单报CSC,预计6月下旬或7月上旬CSC才会将正式名单发给学校,在此之前,CSC要求不能透露任何信息。".  I am waiting...

Congratulations HSK 1 - that's great news!  Like nptaidhdt, I'm surprised, but delighted, that you have received a scholarship package already.  It gives me hope that perhaps I will hear from the CSC before late June. Perhaps we'll meet in Zhejiang!

@nptaidhdt: hai,,

Yes,, I'd attached form Provisional Acceptance by ZJU Professor to my scholarship documents. I got my scholarship documents by yesterday (21st May) which Ministry of Education of PRC officially granted me for full scholarship since 12nd May. I dont know why I got it so faster.

@Wpskinner: thanks bro. U will get yours as soon as possible. Anyway I should have tell you that I got my scholarship packages from my was second university, so probably we will not meet in Zhejiang,,

I am still hoping for Zhejiang University even I know that CSC has decided me to study in other university.

Success for both of you and surely for others,

~Atna/Indonesia~

• New Members

Guysam sorry for posting this in this thread, but i need your help. Zhenjiang Provincial government provides scholarship to international students worth 30000RMB but they list its worth as below

Class A Scholarship:
"The Class A Scholarship sponsors 40 students, at a rate of 30,000 RMB/person/year.
The Class A Scholarship sponsors excellent international students pursuing a master’s degree or above in Zhejiang Province. The scholarship should be used to cover registration fee, tuition fee, fee for basic learning materials, accommodation fee and serious disease and accident insurance."

Do u think they offer monthly living allowances?