Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

1) What is your native country? Nepal.

2) Where did you apply? Directly.

3) When did you apply? Early March 2014.

4) When was the deadline? April 30th.

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No.

6) What program did you apply for? Masters, Physics

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. TONGJI UNIVERSITY 2. SUN YAT-SEN UNIVERSITY 3. SOUTHWEST UNIVERSITY 4. BEIHANG UNIVERSITY (BUAA) with agency no. of Embassy 5. Henan University with agency no. of Embassy 6. SHANGHAI JIAO TONG UNIVERSITY7. Zhejiang University 8. Shandong University.

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No.

9) What agency number did you use? Universities.

10) Where did you get your physical done? Government Hospital

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Bachelor transcript and certificate are notarized.

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone who got the scholarship!

Last week I got an award letter from the San Francisco consulate notifying me that I received the scholarship. I also received a pre-admission notice separately from my prospective university, Jiaotong University. However, I don't know exactly how to proceed from here. I have contacted my university, and they have told me to have the consulate confirm my scholarship status with them, but no one at the consulate will respond to any of my requests. Should I contact CSC and ask them to notify Jiaotong University, or should I trust that CSC and Jiaotong University with automatically contact each other?  Basically, with an award letter and a pre-admission notice, should I be proactive at making sure that all the institutions are on the same page, or does CSC do all that on its own?

I got this email from BUAA. I'm confused that did I got scholarship or still need to wait :(

Dear Applicants:
Greeting from BUAA!
you are in the Candidates List or Waiting List of the University Postgraduates Program at Beihang University. It is requested to provide my office with your accurate mail address, Mobile Phone number and zip code through this email as soon as possible in order to mail all necessary documents to you for your visa application and registration in BUAA timely and accurately . It is estimated that all documents will be ready or available around the middle of June.
If you are in Beijing or you have friends in Beijing It is better for you to take away the documents by yourself or your friend so as to avoid any delay or loss . Please make appointment in advance and show your Passport when you or your friend take out any documents.

International School of BUAA

• New Members
1) What is your native country? Canada 

2) Where did you apply? Consulate-General of P.R.China in Vancouver 

3) When did you apply? Mid of February 2014

4) When was the deadline? End of February

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language student for 1 years.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. ECNU 2. Fudan 3. Shanghai JiaoTong

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 1242

10) Where did you get your physical done? Family Doctor

11) Did you get your documents notarized? No, I had sealed transcripts

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes!

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? N/A

14) How were you notified? email

15) When were you accepted/rejected? First week of May

16) What school and program were you accepted to? N/A
  • Like 1

International_Greenwich
1) What is your native country? U.S.A

2) Where did you apply? Embassy of China in the U.S.A., Washington, D.C.

3) When did you apply? Late February 2014

4) When was the deadline? Early April

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Master's in China Studies (English Taught Interdisciplinary Program)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Jinan University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 10559

10) Where did you get your physical done? Primary Care Physician

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Not yet but confirmed by admissions over email with hardcopies en route.

14) How were you notified? Email

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Third Week of May.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Jinan University's China Studies Master's Program in English.

• Like 1

@nptaidhdt, I don't read Chinese, but Google translator interprets this as: Chinese Government Scholarship, Scholarship 2014 annual Confucius does not recruit Vietnamese students.  Doesn't sound like good news.  Who sent this to you? Was it the CSC? I did not see anything in the application instructions that implied Vietnamese were not eligible to apply for the scholarship.  Hope you can straighten this out with the CSC.

Congrats to pandazzzz, International_Greenwich, and leonguyen52!

@wpskinner: thank you. I also havent read anywhere about this news

@nptaidhdt: I'm Vietnamese too and I'm still accepted by beihang university :-) I'm waiting for final approval but I believe that if they refuse Vietnamese students, the university will not submit my name to CSC at the time when I sent them scholarship documents. So dont worry much. 

@hsk 1 Hello. i m from Indonesia also. i applied my document  from china  embassy in Indonesia. deadline its on 30 of march but till now my status its like this : Application form has been already submitted.  

i call csc directly, they said document from indonesia already reach in  beijing. but till now my status didnt change.. 

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:52 AM

1) What is your native country? Indonesia

2) Where did you apply? China embassy in Indonesia

3) When did you apply?  28 february 

4) When was the deadline? March 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No. first time 

6) What program did you apply for? Master in International Trade

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1.yangzpu university 

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? China embassy in indonesia 

10) Where did you get your physical done? National hospital in my hometown

11) Did you get your documents notarized

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? still waiting 

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? yes, from yangzhpu university 

14) How were you notified? N/A

15) When were you accepted/rejected?  N/A

16) What school and program were you accepted to? N/A

Big hope that i can  have opportunity to get  CSC Scholarship this year.   :D

good luck for all of you . 

• Like 1

• New Members
1) What is your native country? Croatia

2) Where did you apply? Agency for Mobility&EU Programmes Croatia

3) When did you apply?  31 March 2014

4) When was the deadline? March 31th

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language student

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan University, 2. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 3. Shanghai University of International Business&Economics

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 1911 Chinese Embassy in  Croatia

10) Where did you get your physical done? didnt do it, in embassy they told me that I dont need it right now, but  I will need it later for my visa?? last year also nobody in my country needed to submit it before they got admission letters from embassy

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized by sworn interpreter.  

Result: (updating)

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Agency informed my that they have  selected me for a scholarship and are waiting for approval from CSC

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? N/A

14) How were you notified? by e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected?  N/A/A

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? Malaysia

2) Where did you apply? Directly mail to HUST HuaZhong University of Science and Technology

3) When did you apply?  31 March 2014

4) When was the deadline? March 31th

6) What program did you apply for? Energy Engineering student

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. HUST, 2. Zhejiang University, 3. Jiangsu University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? HUST Agency number

10) Where did you get your physical done? didnt do it, in the required docs listed by HUST never mention about sending physical exam form for their admission consideration, so I didnt do exam. Perhaps the physical shall be done after admission confirmation and before having visa at embassy, dont you guys think so?

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized by commissioner for oath in malaysia.  

Result: (updating)

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? HUST publish a list of nominated candidate on their website informed that they have  selected me for a scholarship and all people are waiting for approval from CSC

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? N/A

14) How were you notified? HUST website publish a list

• Like 1

I too recieved an award letter saying I got the scholarship and that I need to obtain a letter of admission from the uni of my choise, which I did and sent back to the embassy, who sent it to CSC. This was a month ago, still not a word from anyone. Anyone else in this situation? The embassy says it is now under CSC so all I have to do is wait, which could take another mo th or so. Thing is, another person I know who was in the same situation already got his registration fees taken care of and so nlw its a go for him. Really dont know what to do this is stressing. Anyone try to contact CSC directly?