Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Hello. I was wondering maybe you could help me with my enrollment at BLCU?

I am a student from Israel. I was awarded the CSC scholarship to study in China in 2014-2015 and was instructed to obtain a letter of admission from the university of my choise. I did obtain such a letter from BLCU and sent it to the embassy, who sent it back to the CSC in China. This was over a month ago and  still not a word from BLCU or the embassy. I wrote BLCU who told me to address the embassy and the embassy told me this is now under the CSC so I just have to wait.

I am a little unsure as to whether I possibly did something wrong? I never fully registered at BLCU or paid any fees, but rather sent them an application form with documents and they sent back the pre admission letter (as to my understanding CSC are responsible for registration and such). Never registered online either.

Any idea on how I should proceed?

@Shai, I am in the same boat as you. I recieved my pre-admission letter from Peking University after I was awarded the scholarship. I forwarded my pre-admission letter to CSC and I called them to confirm they recieved the pre-admission letter, which they did. The woman I talked to said that I did not have to do anything else and that I should be paitent.

On CSC website it says that my application "Your currunt status: The application form is currently checking. "

So I will just have to remain paitent and I feel that you should too. I agree that it is a little frustrating, I want to be in China as soon as I can. However we must wait for the process to finish and they have told all of us that we have to wait until June or July. 

• Like 2

Like I wrote, I did. This is what they wrote back: 

thank you for your e-mail.

If you have already submit all your application documents to the embassy, please contact with them for the latest information about your application.

Regards,

Admission Office for Foreign Students

Beijing Language and Culture University

btw both CSC and BLCU websites are down... I assume this is due to scholarship madness going on atm

@Tianlongprc, did you apply to CSC directly or via embassy?

@mellieson as I knew currently checking status means they process your document.so it means your document now it is in process .

My status still same , already submitted. It didn't change till now. So its good if the status already change, means they receive your stuff already,

Hope they can receive my stuff also and process it.

Good luck for all of you guys.

大家加油

• Like 1

@ Awaiz: yes I am also surprised, because I have heard that if university nominates you or forward your documents to CSC, it means scholarship is almost guaranteed. However, I have discussed this issue with some of my friends who are in China, according to them I might be on the waiting list or I might have got the scholarship in some other university. Lets see!!