Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

I was in China when the allowance increased the first time (Bachelors from 800 kuai to 1400) and the rumours started heavily on January with some students claiming they read about it on official websites. I think there is definitely going to be a change...we just don't know when. Haha.

Even with 1400 right now, it is possible to save.

• 2 weeks later...

shuoshuo could it be because you arrived too late?

At BLCU they told us if we didn't pick up our scholarship money by the 15th we wouldn't get anything until the next month. I know every school is different but perhaps this is the reason why? I hope they'll still give you the money even if it ends up arriving a little late :(

@Shuoshuo,

dont worry they will pay you. ask them about it....i was worried too but they paid us on tuesday that was after we asked them about the money.

scholarship students should be told to come with alot of extra money as no one knows when the scholarship money is given out while also they need money for medical check up and residence permit.

I arrived on the 9th of September. I don't think that's late... :(

I actually asked the BLCU transfer service (I was supposed to receive my one-time allowance there) if I can still receive it and they said the school should be able to give it to me.

I don't mind it being a little late, I just hope I eventually do receive everything, and not only October's allowance. I will ask the teacher in charged if he is at the office this week.

Thank you for all your help everyone.

Wuhan is quite lovely, not as horrendous as others have described it!

My first few weeks was administrative hell, I even booked a flight home because nothing was working out. I was sick, I was really behind in classes and I didn't expect the classes to be so intense (8a.m to 6pm). And I recently went through some tough times so it all came down at once.

Hmm I got my settlement allowance from BLCU and I arrived I think on the 11th of September which was 1500, then I got the allowance from school which was 700RMB because of late arrival.

We got our October money Y1400 yesterday, some got extra depending on whether they received the settlement or not.

I'm going to do my residence permit soon, but all these expenses built up so quickly. I put away 1200RMB for residence permit and transport to it.

I was left with 200RMB!

Thank god I bought money with me. I don't know what I would have done.

My roommate had to borrow money to pay for a residence permit + medical exam + food.

So I think the money is not enough but after you settle in, like cook for yourself etc you'll be fine

But it is advisable to bring extra money with you. The admin at my school is a mess. They mix up everything even student cards.

Sigh, but otherwise I like it here. But my focus is on studies for now

• New Members

Hi guys, Finally Dream came true.. now in CSU changsha.. its a worderful place..been here since a month.. due to Internet restrictions, couldnt surf net for a month.. and i knew no Facebook and youtube..but Man..not even google..dam.. but i got my VPN now :)

hey guys, i was supposed to get my settelment money after arrival right? i asked to the authorized persons at the University and they gave me 3400RMB for two months but not the settelment money.. i didn't get it.. 1st time when i ask for it they asked me to bring my admission letter just to make sure i didn't come form beijing as most ppl came from beijing and they got it there.. mine was a different case.. i asked them 2nd time and they told me "don't worry we will give you"..but gave 3400 instead.. i'm not sure when  should i be expecting it ..:) 

• 2 weeks later...

My friends at the other unis have told me that they already received their October allowance. I haven't received a single cent?! I don't know what to say anymore, I asked my school for the settlement allowance and the living allowance (at least September's) and I have received nothing. I even told the particular teacher who handles this to let me know IN ADVANCE if I will not be receiving the allowance and the guy keeps saying 'don't worry'. If it was their salary or their child's allowance, I wonder if they would feel the same way?

I will wait until the 15th. If I haven't receive anything by then or no notification of the delay by then, I will contact my embassy in Beijing and tell them to deal with it directly with my uni or directly with CSC. I'm so fed up. With the approaching midterms, I should not be thinking about money. I should be thinking of my exams and the studies, but their inefficiency is stressing me out, and it just isn't fair.

I'm owed 1500+1400+1400 so you can imagine how many thousands of RMB of my own money I have already spent, as what they give us is barely enough. I can't imagine students who are going through the same thing as me, but they didn't bring money so they have to end up lending from people they just met.

My school even advised me: "if you need money, perhaps you can ask your friends for some for now...". I'm speechless.

I'm even starting to wonder if these teachers actually steal the money or portions of it.

• Like 1

it depends on university how they pay, i'm from Wuhan university of technology, we receive 280 yuan (travel from beijing to Wuhan) and 1500 yuan (settlement allowance) on my registration day (first week), september money we got late on first of october, and yesterday we also got our october maney.must be tough for you guys, hope that they will settle everything soon for you.

@ shuoshuo

Long time, no vitual see!! :P  Hahahaha I hope that, except your problem with the money, everything is great with your life and studies in China! :)

I think that you should definitely contact your embassy to take care with your problem!! This is crazy!! :wall  No money until now???

In BLCU, we have received everything so far!

I hope that everything will be settled out very soon for you! Have a wonderful time in China and please let us know how it is going with your problem!!! :D

@shuoshuo you're not the only one here. My uni (ZJUT Hangzhou) hasn't paid us anything, although it's been over one month now since registration. Have you already contacted CSC in Beijing or the officer in Brussels (you come from England, aren't you?)?

Btw, what's the living allowance for language students this year? According to the admission letter from my uni, I have been enrolled to study "as a general scholar student in the program of Chinese language". The handbook that was included in the admission package from Beijing says that monthly living allowance is: CNY 1,400 for undergraduates, CNY 1,700 for master's students & general scholars and CNY 2,000 for doctoral students & senior scholars. How much did you, language students, get from your universities? 1400 or 1700? I asked a lady from the international office of my uni when I registered in September how much we are supposed to get and she didn't know...

Hello all,it's a long time i got to see you all in this forum.i have been studying master degree in Tongji medical college of

HUST.Everything is fine here with all fees in time.i got at the end of September along with October allowance and book fees total 3700 yuan.300yaun extra for books fees.

@Shuoshuo i think some universities are careless about time and students have to face lot of problems.i think we have to complain in embassy and CSC too.This is not a joke that they can play within universities.i hope you have already complain on it.wish you will get it soon.

@ladyferoz nice to hear that you are in wuhan,which university you are studying?

Language students should get 1400, Bachelors get 1400 and Masters get 1700.

I haven't contacted my country's embassy yet. I will try to do that today...probably via email. As I haven't received my passport back yet, there is no way for me to change currency...and there is no way I'm going to ask friends to do me that favour. We're here to be independent, yet they encourage us to be dependent on friends? It's just ridiculous.

Oh wait, that's so strange, I neglected to read earlier posts and have noticed that others are receiving 1400. I've been receiving 1700 each month at Peking Uni, though, and I assume this is correct given the general scholar specification noted on the admission letter. Has anybody else been receiving 1700?

I could have sworn I got 1700 as well... I'll try and keep track next time. I have a bad habit of never counting.

For the record, in the booklet they gave us they only specify

1) Undergraduate

2) General Scholar

3) Masters/PhD

and on my acceptance letter it listed me as 'general scholar'