Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@Eponym 

Yes, my admission letter says that I have been enrolled "as a general scholar student in the program of Chinese language" and the uni paid us 1400. I must send an email to CSC or the Chinese officer in Brussels to make sure how much actually we, language students, are supposed to get. Hope my uni made a mistake :)

adn223- You can, but it might not be enough. You still have plenty of time to contact the school and seriously talk to them about your chances of the CGS scholarship (or any other scholarship that the school offers). Remember that Jiangsu also offers a provincial scholarship. Just constantly stay in touch with the school and show them you are very dedicated and serious. Send them your documents and ask them if there are any more documents they will need, that will increase your chances in obtaining the scholarship.

Also, apply to other universities. Good luck!

• Like 1

Has anyone recently been accepted as a visiting scholar? (I found a reply in the 2013-2014 thread, but s/he hasn't been active on these forums in over six months.)

I completed my MA via CSC this past summer (2014) and am currently a first-year PhD in the States. I'm looking to get some funding for a research trip this summer, and was hoping I could use the 2015 CSC to this ends.

Thanks!

Who studies politics/international relations at Pekin or Renmin? 

I am currently studying Chinese in BLCU and I am aplying for next year in the upper mentioned fields :) I would please, please like to ask someone a little bit about their studies, in order to make a choice between different masters on comparative politics, political theory, international relations, international politics.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hello everyone,

I am from France, I live in England but would like to go to China next year for a one-year language program (beginner level). Does anyone know if it is possible to get a full scolarship (from government, province or a university) with a non-degree language program ?

If it is, which university should I look for?

Thank you

AMGR

@ am_gr~

Yes it's possible. I'm currently on a 1 year scholarship (full) for just studying chinese. So are many that I've met in my dorm (the scholarship dorm).

I'm at BLCU so I think that would probably be your best bet. They're pretty organized since they're used to having so many foreigners and people on scholarship rolling in.

Although I think you could apply the 1 year scholarship anywhere.

~Grawrt

P.S to everyone on this thread. I get paid 1700 each month. It says it in the booklet too.

• New Members

Hi @Grawrt

Thank you very much for your answer. This sounds really good.

However I am struggling to find any information or procedure to apply for a scholarship for that kind of program.

Do you have any suggestion?

AMGR

@ am_gr

Your best bet would be to go through your local embassy. Follow everything on the CSC application procedure, then send to the nearest embassy that accepts CSC applications. They'll forward your application to Scholarship council and if they accept you, they send your application out to the Universities that you listed.

It's pretty simple. If you have any problems with the application you can ask. But for now I believe the online application hasn't opened up yet.

@am_gr

Hello!! Since you are a citizen of a country-member of the European Union, one great option would be to apply through the Mission of China to the European Union. This is a diplomatic mission of China in the EU, with its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium and is responsible every year for recruiting citizens from EU and granting them full scholarships for any kind of program in China: Language, Bachelor's, Master's, PhD, General or Senior Scholars.

I applied and got a scholarship through it this year, so as to have my preparatory courses and then my Bachelor's in China. I am studying in BLCU too which indeed is very good! The vast majority of teachers are great in their job and very caring about their students. Moreover, since its one of the universities in China with the most foreign students, it is very well organized. We got our scholarship money and our papers for the residence permit much earlier than most other universities in China. For me, the only drawbacks are that the air pollution is very bad in Beijing and that the dorm they provide in BLCU for scholarship students is not the best you can find. But if you pay the difference in price, you can go to a much better one.

The link for the Mission of China to the EU is the following:  http://www.chinamission.be/eng/lxzg/ofzz/

I believe that the call for applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship for 2015 will be around the end of January, so keep an eye for it.

Alternatively, you can check the site of the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) which is the highest authority for approving and granting every kind of scholarship for studies in China. In this site, you will find again the scholarship for the EU citizens (also called EU Window scholarship), as well as many other type of scholarships. The link is the following: www.csc.edu.cn

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Hope this info helped you! Good luck in getting a scholarship! :D

• Like 1

adn223 - Don't forget to apply for city scholarships as well, e.g. Shanghai Government Scholarship, Beijing Government Scholarship, etc. depending on the place you want to go to. I have friends doing their Masters, and they applied directly to the universities and they were able to get a full scholarship. The applications for these types of scholarships have already started as far as I know.

• Like 1

@adn223 Thank you very much. I am also planning to apply directly to the universities and for more universities.

Are you applying for same major, including the same duration of studies and instruction language for all of 5 universities?

I am applying for master of law. Because I have both TOEFL and HSK Level V and can be taught in English as well as in Chinese, I am planning to apply for LL.M. (instruction langauge: English) and master of law (instruction language: Chinese) separetely.