Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@ Melliesons and @ jobm

Hello to everybody and happy winter vacation for those already studying in China! :)

I am studying in Beijing and we have also heard that the monthly allowance will be increased BUT not from an official source yet, like our university for instance!!

I have heard that the monthly allowance for undergraduate students will be increased from 1400 RMB that is now to 2500 RMB, and for Master's or General Scholars from 1700 RMB that is now to 3000 RMB. As for Ph'D and Senior Scholars, I haven't heard how much is gonna be increased (currently they are paid 2000 RMB).

I hope we will have an official information the coming months, but until then nobody knows for sure. Moreover, we also don't know from when this increase is going to be applied.

Admin Request  :D 

Is there anyone here who is willing to start a new 2015 CSC topic, like Haoyu did for this one, with an updated version of the first posts, and to spend lots of time helping other CSC applications? Ideally someone who applied in 2014 and was successful, or is applying again this year. Anyone?

@adn 223

I think that Study Plan includes statement of purpose. In my Study Plan (attached as an extra paper to the application form) in the first part I am going to describe my own motivation for applying for the scholarship and in the second part, I am going to give information on my research proposal for my master`s thesis.

• Like 1

@Xiaowei,

During my application last year, I did not have to upload anything on the CSC website( or has the website changed?). Just printed the form after filling it and sent to my university.

About the 20 pages restriction, i cannot really say. It depends on the University and possibly what documents you are  sending. If there are some you can do without, then its best you don't send them.  My advice, if you can streamline it to the 20 pages, that would be great.  

@Others, as for the study plan, there is no hard rule about it. it could double as your motivation, your research intent and what you hope to achieve while studying in China. Mine was a page or so. you just hit the nail on the head straight up.  Discuss less about your past, create a link between your past studies and the future one you hope to do in China. What benefits would that the be to the world.  If you already have a supervisor/advisor, i would advice you forward your study plan to him or her first for review and corrections before sending it out to the university's admission board.  

If you have more questions you can ask.  Hope to see y'all here this fall 2015.

Thank you.

• Like 2

@guys, I may not be able to respond ASAp because of my research work at the moment, but I will try to give responses to your query as soon as Ii see them.  

It may also interest you to know that it is school holiday time here, so you may not be getting fast response from some of the schools, but do not fret. You will always get them eventually.

The Chinese new year celebration starts around middle February, so many offices will be close then. just to give you a heads up

Mazi, you are the man! Many thanks!

I remember your posts from last year and they were very, very helpful--definitely good guidance for those of us applying for 2015-2016.

Congrats on getting the scholarship last year. I hope your studies and overall experience have been good!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

@Chris, thanks man. It is my own little way of giving back to the group.  Every post on this forum gave most of us that were accepted guidelines.  Doing the same now, is an honour. Meanwhile, which of the provinces are you going to?

@all, Shandong University has started accepting applications, you may want to try there too.

I hope to come up with a more comprehensive blog/link building on previous links soonest.

• Like 1

Heeey

So this year I'll graduate from Moscow State Linguistic University with Bachelor degree in Linguistics/Teaching Foreign Languages and Cultures (English and French language). I want to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship for One year of Chinese language and then Master Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages  and I wonder 

1) whether my bachelor degree corresponds well enough to the master degree,

2) is this master programme ok with CGS or is it only sponsored by Confucius scholarship,

3 whether it is fine that I do not know anything in Chinese now, and intend to acquire a good enough command in a year (if that is possibe at all).

So what are my chances?

I hope someone has already been in such situation, or know about someone who has been) Any information is needed)

Thank you!

@ Anastasia

1) I think it does.  :)

2)Regarding applying for CGS for one year Chinese language+ MTCSOL, I think you should contact directly the university/universities you would like to be enrolled in. You should contact in the same time International Students Office and Confucius Institute Office of the university you would like to be enrolled in.

The topic APPLYING FOR CGS FOR MTCSOL has already been discussed in the forum.

3)Have you ever learnt Chinese language at Confucius Institute in Moscow?

You can start to learn Chinese language at Confucius Institute in Moscow in the spring semester.

If you apply for Confucius Institute Scholarship for MTCSOL in the moment when you apply for the scholarship you must have HSK Level V and HSKK Certificate.