Chinese-Forums

Beijing Chinese-Forums Meet-Up 2014

ChTTay

Ever wished you could talk about learning Chinese, that University course and all the interesting weird stuff that happens in China in person?! Now you can!

Get out of your chair and put a face to a (forum) name at the Beijing Chinese-Forums meet up 2014.

Date: see below for choices

Anyone interested?

---------------Dates------------------

Okay fellows, please post your preferred dates from the list below. Best to write your first and second choice (and third if you like).

I would say a Saturday meet up would likely start around 8, where as a Sunday one would start a bit earlier (6.30-7.00) accommodate those having to work on Monday or who have early classes.

Saturday June 28th

Saturday July 5th

Sunday July 6th

Saturday July 12th

Sunday July 13th

• Like 3

I would be. Main issue at the moment for me is lack of sleep due to world cup viewing. Sunday afternoons are ok for me in general, but could also do other evenings.

@leonguyen: I do not think there has been a chinese-forums meet up in Beijing for at least a very long time, so this is a new thing ;) no structure yet. Lets hope ChTTay will volunteer to become the event organization leader :P  

• Like 1

ChTTay, if I may make a humble suggestion: perhaps pick four or less dates that work for you (Fri/Sat weekend 1, Fri/Sat weekend 2), make a poll on this, and set a date based on response. Right now it's unclear when the get-together will be (this summer?). You can always have another one if response is good :-)

And I can't make it I'm afraid, not in Beijing atm. I was at the previous get-together. 2011...

• Like 1

I have added dates to the original post. Kindly let me know which would be preferred, if any. It might be best to give preferences in order of first choice, second choice etc so we can see the day with the greatest overlap.

My top three, in order, would be

1. July 5 Sat

2. July 12 Sat

3. July 6 Sun

I presumed it would be better to set the date fairly soon so people don't just forget about it. However, if enough people think a much later date would be better... Say so...

• Like 1

I am ok with all of the dates. Work basically allows me to plan by life an average half day in advance only, so if there are any problems, I will not know until the day.

ChTTay, would suggest you just make a decision. Pick a time and place and tell everyone to go there. We probably wont be loads of people, but its a start. Gulou area sounds good to me.

The first date would be tomorrow, so I would say it is decision time. I am ok with all of them, except work emergencies, however there is no way to plan those ahead, so why don't you pick a day when Thyson can make it and you like and then we try to maybe get a few more ppl? ;)

Which location?

hello? Anyone there? There is a world cup game break later this week, which would work out well for me (I currently have to sleep in the evening usually to try to be awake again for the games)

@ChTTay: so this weekend is bad because a) tysond is in Shanghai and b) it is still the world cup.

Go for it and decide on a date. In the worst case it is two people having a drink together and that would not really be a bad thing.

• Like 1

My experience on organising these is that after soliciting feedback for a range of dates, the person organising just needs to make a decision and pick one.  If people can't make the date, there's nothing to stop you organising another one :-)

• Like 1

Saturday 12th

Who's in?

Actually i'm sick so can't drink beer. I would be up for making this dinner (a burger or something) and a drink, rather than just a drink. We could go somewhere with both...

In as far as I am able to plan that far ahead. So that is a pretty certain in but life in Beijing sometimes can be unpredictable.

Dinner and beer sounds good. Not a big burger fan, but I happily eat one too.

In case you are looking for suggestions, there is a pretty good Beijing restaurant on sanlitun south street

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294212-d2525969-Reviews-Honglu_Red_Stove_Beijing_Restaurant-Beijing.html

18:30?