Chinese-Forums

Buying a laptop in China, recommendations?

sujeto

I think you will be surprised by how expensive electronic items are here. Secondly a friend of mine that does network penetration testing for an australian based subsiduary of B.A.E industries advised me that any laptop (or smart phone for that matter) purchased in china should be used as little as possible for storing and accessing your personal information, and should be thrown in the bin when you leave. Going to a genuine samsung/apple/lenovo etc store here will not guarantee your software is not pirated, and installing an english os on it also might not be as simple as doing it to one at home. I am new to Harbin myself however I happen to have an Australian friend who lives here right near one of the biggest I.T districts and speaks Mandarin so he should be able to help you shop around.

Motzu, I can still Install a new OS in English by myself, I already own a Genuine Windows 7 for this purpose.

Remember that it will need to be Windows 7 Ultimate in order for you to switch languages all across the board.